Just starting out here in Fayetteville, GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smathias13

Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself here on the forums, I am from Fayetteville, GA just south of Atlanta. I have been wanting to brew for awhile now and am finally going to do it. Found these forums and there is a lot of great advice on them. I think I am going to start with an Extract brew with Specialty grains. If I have a big enough pot do you all suggest I do a Full Boil instead of the 3 gal and then add the rest to the fermenter. Just wondering what you all think.

Welcome! Anyone with 13 in their name has to be alright.

Do the full boil if you can. What do you have for a stove or cooker? Sometimes that is the limiting factor.

Welcome from up in Roswell!

Don't worry about the full boil stuff yet unless the directions you have say so. Did you get a kit or have you bought the ingredients individually?

Welcome! I started partial boil and got some great results! I am in the process of moving to all grain. How big is your pot?

I have a 5 gal pot and I also converted 2 15.5 gal Kegs that I picked up cheap. I Just did my first brew, a mini mash and it went great. It is in the fermenter now.

Latest posts

Back