Safale - 50

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WLP001 or Wyeast 1056 is the same thing but liquid, assuming you mean 05 not 50 (I dont think 50 exists)

WLP001 or Wyeast 1056 is the same thing but liquid, assuming you mean 05 not 50 (I dont think 50 exists)

I don't think it does either.... I was looking at BierMucnchers IIPA and it says a prior slurry of us - 50.... I am not as savvy as BM so I thought I'd ask in this forum...

Thanks! :mug:

I just went to the Fermentis site and for Safale they only list US-05 and US-04.

That's what makes it bad. BM's word is to be taken without question.

I wonder how many other people have been scouring brew shops for the elusive Safale - 50?

Nottingham Yeast is a good substitute. I do love that 05 though. I definitely prefer it to Nottingham now.

People make mistakes....

But I don't recall anyone ever starting a tread asking about it on here before. SO I don't know if anyone's caught it in all the years....

Oh well, at least you know now. :mug:

I think 05 used to be called 56 if I remember well.

I would use dry Nottigham instead of US-05. Both are clean, neutral taste yeasts.

Back