Going to Fort Myers/Cape Coral. Where's good beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmo88

Reaction score
I'm heading to Southwest Florida in a bit and was wondering if there are any good bars with some must have local brews. I probably won't make it too far outside of the Fort Myers and Cape Coral area. I'm looking forward to trying some bottled beers I can't get here in Seattle. Any Suggestions on beers or bars?

I don't know of any bars in the area but check out the beers from Cigar City Brewing. They're from Tampa and making some awesome beer. I went to Florida last year and brought back 750 ml bottles of their Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout, Winter Warmer, and Improvisacion India-style Brown. I've only had the Winter Warmer so far and it is amazing.

I don't know if you can find them in bars, I found them in Total Wine. Do whatever you can to find them; you will not be disappointed.

-Cameron

There is a place called "The Monkey Bar" right behind the Holiday Inn Express, right before the bridge on Cape Coral Pkwy. I loved their wing sauce. Usual selection of commercial beers, nothing special.

If your in Cape Coral a drive down to Sanibel and Captiva Islands is a must! There is a fee to cross the bridge to get there, $6. Quite a few nice restaurants there.

Doesn't sound like much of a beer town. I'll keep an eye out for cigar city though.

I've been to sanibel before. It's a nice island.

Last time I was there we went to Rum Runners. That was a real tasty meal.

Back