Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, how about surprise #1 of Pats camp, and releasing Addai day 1? Thought they'd keep him at least through camp to push the young guys, but apparently he didn't pass his physical? Ouch.

So, how about surprise #1 of Pats camp, and releasing Addai day 1? Thought they'd keep him at least through camp to push the young guys, but apparently he didn't pass his physical? Ouch.

What they were saying last night was... he quit halfway through the conditioning test. Weird. Still wondering if he was hurt.

I do think the kids will be fine, and keep your eye on Brandon Bolden. 5'11, 220#, undrafted from Old Miss. Scouting report:

Bolden is a powerful runner who will usually run through the first defender. He is decisive to hit the hole as an inside runner and is patient for his blocks to develop. He can get low and hide behind blockers before sticking his foot in the ground to either move hard laterally or up the field to burst through to the second level. He looks good when initiating a hard drop step to bounce outside, and once there can outrun defenders to the perimeter. Bolden is reliable both in taking care of the ball and gaining yards with power or speed.

He's BenJarvus 2.0.

... and if he hasn't lost a step (I'm skeptical) and if Belichick thought he would fit into the offense in some way, I would be psyched to have Moss back. Take him in a second.

The reason I would guess you haven't heard Randy say anything too bad about the Pats. It seems that would be his dream too.

I don't believe at all that he got traded because he was a problem in the locker room or for the team at all. Did it have the potential to get to that point?? Sure. Better than 50/50 but I don't think that was the driver in that situation at all.

Bill knew it was over. I'm not saying he was a problem in the locker room. I liked the guy and if we could get the production, I would welcome him back. If you remember, he did the Randy Moss contract press conference. I think that was the beginning of the end.

Sir.... I've seen Trent Dilfer. I know who Trent Dilfer is.

Alex Smith is no Trent Dilfer.

(see that? See how I worked in a little political humor given its election season? It's called 'versatility')

Alex sucks, but Alex>>>>>>>>>>>>Dilfer. Not even close, Dilfer is a cool guy but was a ****terrible QB.

If you insert any other team Moss played for then I agree with you guys 100% but he was a model teammate according to every comment I've ever seen, set the single season TD reception record while he was here and left the team once his time had come on, what everyone said, was incredibly good terms... So... I'm not sure what anyone has an issue with.

Jerry Rice 22 TDs in 12 games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Randy Moss 23 TDs.

Just imagine if you would have picked the right QB in the draft. As a life longer Packer fan I thank you :p

****, still pissed. He played in our backyard at Cal. Then taking Kentwan Balmer and Chilo Rachal over Cal grad Desean Jackson. Stupid mother ****ing Mike Nowin and Singlemonkey. Not to mention Scot McClueless, should have sent him a case of my brew when he had to go into recovery.

****, still pissed. He played in our backyard at Cal. Then taking Kentwan Balmer and Chilo Rachal over Cal grad Desean Jackson. Stupid mother ****ing Mike Nowin and Singlemonkey. Not to mention Scot McClueless, should have sent him a case of my brew when he had to go into recovery.

If you started liking a good team like the Pats you might not be so angry.

I remember some pretty bad football, but at least we would have a year or two where we would make the playoffs. We never went a decade without getting into the playoffs. Course I wasn't around tor the AFL days.

I remember some pretty horrible football. The Rod Rust and Dick MacPherson years. The Hugh Millen era. Steve Grogan in a neck brace. The "Patriot Missle" and Maurice Hurst's injury, as reported by ESPN. Videotaping a 10-13 loss to the Giants at the end of a 1-15 season, and not recording over it because that was about as good as it got that season (except when we played the Colts, we *always* beat the Colts).

I missed the decent football they played in the mid-'80s, I wasn't really watching football very much until I got to middle school, but from the late 1980s through Bill Parcels, that was pretty effin' bad football.

I've got my bona fides.

I remember some pretty horrible football. The Rod Rust and Dick MacPherson years. The Hugh Millen era. Steve Grogan in a neck brace. The "Patriot Missle" and Maurice Hurst's injury, as reported by ESPN. Videotaping a 10-13 loss to the Giants at the end of a 1-15 season, and not recording over it because that was about as good as it got that season (except when we played the Colts, we *always* beat the Colts).

I missed the decent football they played in the mid-'80s, I wasn't really watching football very much until I got to middle school, but from the late 1980s through Bill Parcels, that was pretty effin' bad football.

I've got my bona fides.

No reason to watch football in '86 when the best basketball team ever was running people out of the Garden on a nightly basis.

See, I'm a little pissed. My old man was never really into sports (because he was busting his ass working so much), and my older brother was fixing cars and smoking a lot of weed, so there were never really a lot of sports on when I was a kid. I missed out on that whole era in Boston; I only really started watching the C's when Legend's back was already shot, I missed out on the Red Sox in '86 (which was probably a blessing), and I wasn't paying a lot of attention to football. I didn't really start getting into sports until the C's were basically done (Kevin Gamble/Reggie Lewis/Ed Pickney teams), the Sox were mediocre (I have a signed Marty Barrett card in my office!) and the Pats were atrocious. I blame my family.

See, I'm a little pissed. My old man was never really into sports (because he was busting his ass working so much), and my older brother was fixing cars and smoking a lot of weed, so there were never really a lot of sports on when I was a kid. I missed out on that whole era in Boston; I only really started watching the C's when Legend's back was already shot, I missed out on the Red Sox in '86 (which was probably a blessing), and I wasn't paying a lot of attention to football. I didn't really start getting into sports until the C's were basically done (Kevin Gamble/Reggie Lewis/Ed Pickney teams), the Sox were mediocre (I have a signed Marty Barrett card in my office!) and the Pats were atrocious. I blame my family.

Yeah, I lucked out. My dad was a huge 49ers and Giants fan so I grew up watching the best football ever played and some decent baseball. I've now earned my stripes living through a decade of Niner **** under the Yorks. Also, lol at the '86 Sox thing. Beyond being a Giants fan I'm a huge baseball fan. A few years ago I found a original Red Sox AL Champions 1986 shirt. People used to walk up and ask, "So a Red Sox fan?". Me: "no" Them: "why the shirt" Me: "no Red Sox fan on earth would wear this Buckner shirt, so I had to give it a home"

Yeah, I lucked out. My dad was a huge 49ers and Giants fan so I grew up watching the best football ever played and some decent baseball. I've now earned my stripes living through a decade of Niner **** under the Yorks. Also, lol at the '86 Sox thing. Beyond being a Giants fan I'm a huge baseball fan. A few years ago I found a original Red Sox AL Champions 1986 shirt. People used to walk up and ask, "So a Red Sox fan?". Me: "no" Them: "why the shirt" Me: "no Red Sox fan on earth would wear this Buckner shirt, so I had to give it a home"

Wow.. that's fascinating. I got almost six words into that before I almost fell asleep, hit "quote", and started typing.

Jerry Rice 22 TDs in 12 games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Randy Moss 23 TDs.

And?

When did I say it wasn't?

I simply said that he set the single season TD reception record... which he did. so it is the second best receiving season ever... still not exactly shabby.

Wow.. that's fascinating. I got almost six words into that before I almost fell asleep, hit "quote", and started typing.

7657740824_8aee855253_z_d.jpg

I just don't see any reason SF to pick him up. I was happy about manningham, but just confused about moss.

I'm not sure how you can say Trent dilfer was a decent qb with a straight face ...

... because when Randy Moss was good, he made Daunte Culpepper into a Pro Bowler.

Who else did San Fran have for receivers? Crabtree? Manningham? Vernon Davis at the TE?

As New England's going to show this year, why only have two decent receivers, when you can have ten or twelve?

PA, how many running backs did the 49ers defense not only knock the **** out, but put them out of commission completely for at least one game? It was at least 6, with Pierre Thomas' ground crawl dragging his head being the funniest.

Enough that nobody wants to run against them. Our passing 'D' is no where near as efficient as our run 'D'. Our defense is just nasty down in the trenches. We will definitely hit you and you'll remember it.

I predit Pats win 63-3

... and the 3 is only from a last minute hail mary against the Pats 4th string that falls short and then they get a 5 yard chip shot.

63-0

Randy Moss drops the pass in excellent coverage by Danny Woodhead and pouts in the locker room.

lolz.... I want some of what you guys are drinking.

hahaha! thanks for reminding me Moss is a 49er.

oh man. that's f-ing hilarious.

I'm going to safely assume you don't know much about football. The 49ers have taken no risks in signing him. He wasn't signed to come in and be the #1 receiver. He is going to be a situational receiver. I'm not so sure what is so hilarious about that.

I'm sure it's been said somewhere in this thread before, but as a life long niners fan it was awesome to see them playing well again. Alex smith is not an elite quarterback, at all, but I give him credit considering everything he went through in his career, and to come within a punt return away from the super bowl, was sick. If Trent dilfer can win a ring, so can Alex smith. Can't wait for this season!

I can say, I'm not excited at all about moss, but maybe someone knows something I dont

It is exciting to be pumped up for a season with high expections no matter what all the haters in this thread say. This hasn't happened in awhile.

Just imagine if you would have picked the right QB in the draft. As a life longer Packer fan I thank you :p

I think of this all the time. But then I wonder just how each of them had turned out if the roles were switched. Meaning would Rogers still have been as good if he went to the 49ers? Would Smith had been a pro bowl QB if he had went to the Packers?

I just don't see any reason SF to pick him up. I was happy about manningham, but just confused about moss.

I'm not sure how you can say Trent dilfer was a decent qb with a straight face ...

Dilfer was just good enough to score enough points that the defense wouldn't allow the other team to score as much. I can't see Smith at this point ever being a top ten QB but he can be good enough.

PA49erFan21 said:
I'm going to safely assume you don't know much about football. The 49ers have taken no risks in signing him. He wasn't signed to come in and be the #1 receiver. He is going to be a situational receiver. I'm not so sure what is so hilarious about that.

It is exciting to be pumped up for a season with high expections no matter what all the haters in this thread say.

Yeah, cause the Viking took a big risk two years ago, and then the texans... Ah never mind. Did anyone tell Randy he wasn't signed as a #1 receiver?

Yeah, cause the Viking took a big risk two years ago, and then the texans... Ah never mind. Did anyone tell Randy he wasn't signed as a #1 receiver?

The vikings traded a 3rd round pick for him and he never played for the Texans. Tennessee on the other hand didn't have to risk much to get him and it didn't work out, so no harm no foul. Niners are in the same position as Tennessee, but Randy wants to prove he can still play so they have a higher chance of getting good Randy. If it doesn't work they release him, no big deal.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!

OMG... I thought you were Moto for a second that was so dumb

Really, NFC has won 4 of the last 5 and at least 3 teams in the NFC would have beat the Pats in the Super Bowl last year. Top teams in the NFC are a lot better than those in the AFC. The Pats are the best of the AFC but everyone else in that conference is not in the same league as the top teams in the NFC.

Latest posts

Back