Northern Brewer's 115th Dream Hopbursted IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaytizzle

Reaction score
This weekend is going to be great! This is the last kit beer that I have in my possession (and likely the last one I'll do for a long time, making my own recipes or tweaking others now). I'll be brewing up Northern Brewer's 115th Dream Hopbursted IPA.

This beer is a monster. 9.2% ABV and 120+ IBUs. Naturally, I'm getting my starter ready tonight so I can brew tomorrow. This will be my first attempt using a washed yeast culture (Wyeast 1056). Hopefully this starter takes off or I'll be hitting up the LHBS for 2 fresh smack packs tomorrow!

53ba1ee9.jpg

Wow that's a monster Ehrlenmeyer! I thought it was a 2L at first and was thinking...is that starter big enough??? But...nevermind!

Got your PM, today, sorry, I got none of what you need. GL with this beer! Flew over BR yesterday en route from Miami to Los Angeles, made it a point to look out and take in every state we crossed over.

I'm a nerd like that.

Yeah, this is a big flask, jbay. I got it for something like $35 or so shipped off of amazon. I actually made a 3L starter that I pitched into two separate brews a few weeks back, that was fun. And no worries on those hops, I'll survive.

Could you smell the whiskey when you flew over Baton Rouge? Maybe not because it's not college football season yet. Once LSU starts playing you likely will!

Latest posts

Back