Farmhouse ipa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadkarol

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts? I'm going to brew this weekend.

image-2490663338.jpg

Looks fine to me..

I have a farmhouse DIPA on tap.. Used 3711, and did it somewhat cooler than I would for a saison.

If it were my recipe, I would do more than a single hop in there, it'll be a bit one sided I think.

Also, that beer isn't gonna finish at 1.009 from 1.060.. More like 1.003 or around there. It'll be pretty dry, so keep that in mind with your hopping schedule, as it'll pronounce the dryness.

If you have some Amarillo, or Mosaic, those would play great in there. I'd use something a bit edgy to bitter with, like Columbus or Chinook if ya have it.

That said, all Citra will be good, I just don't think the full Citra flavor with 3711 is all that pleasing myself.

I have 13 oz of citra on hand so that's what I wanted to use up. I do have one oz of hallertau so maybe i'll throw that into the batch.

I wouldn't waste the hallertau, it'll be completely lost in all the Citra, if it's all you have.

FATC1TY said:
I wouldn't waste the hallertau, it'll be completely lost in all the Citra, if it's all you have.

We'll see how it turns out. Decided to do less than an ipa and more of a French saison. Used 1 oz hallertau at 30 min, 1 oz citra at 10 minutes and then a half oz of citra at flame out. 1.063 might be a bit high for a saison though.

My 1.070 pumpkin Saison had 2oz Hallertau at 60 minutes and a 5 minute Citra addition.

Can't wait to make it again.

I do a Citra based FHA/IPA every 2 or so batches. I do love it. I find the French strain has too much clove for an IPA'ish and prefer the Belgium for it. I use the french strain whenever I add fruit (like cranberries) to the set-up.

Latest posts

Back