Costco and homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Rogue Dead Guy Clone looks pretty good. I like Dead Guy a lot. I haven't done a comparison to see if $39 is a good deal for that extract kit, but worth consideration.

on a side note, I read somewhere (on this site I believe) that Costco has 24 pack mixers of their house brand beer. It's hella cheap and comes in bottles that are great for putting homebrew in. Apparently it costs about the same per bottle as buying empties. And here's the real kicker-apparently the beer that's in said bottles is pretty decent, especially for the price

That Rogue Dead Guy Clone looks pretty good. I like Dead Guy a lot. I haven't done a comparison to see if $39 is a good deal for that extract kit, but worth consideration.

Does not include brewer's yeast

Since it's not even, uh, hardcore enough to have a good yeast, what are the chances that it has enough of everything else?

on a side note, I read somewhere (on this site I believe) that Costco has 24 pack mixers of their house brand beer. It's hella cheap and comes in bottles that are great for putting homebrew in. Apparently it costs about the same per bottle as buying empties. And here's the real kicker-apparently the beer that's in said bottles is pretty decent, especially for the price

It is brewed by the Gordon Biersch production facility. I think the 24 packs of Sierra Nevada are a better deal.

Delivery not available to Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah and West Virginia addresses.

This part is interesting...............

Looks like the same brewcraft kit that the average LHBS will carry. About the same price too...

Do note that with brewcraft kits you do not know the contents of the box. You have "specialty grains", extract, "bittering hops", "flavor hops", etc. Part of the point of brewing is, IMHO, learning what certain grains do.

I did the Hazelnut brown kit a year back and it seemed the ingredients were of good quality. Who knows how old the kits from costco (or the LHBS) are...

That's the kit that started me off :D

I also tried that dead guy kit, it turned out pretty good. A bit under hoped. I seem to remember it did say to get the pacman yeast.

Amazon.com had great prices on hombrew supplies (10lb bags o speciality/malt grain, etc) but they are never in stock anymore. I got a good headstart and probably bought them out!

Just had an order on Amazon for Challenger hops get canceled by the seller for some reason :(

I want to brew with the British hops like Challenger and Northdown (seems even harder to find). Anybody know a good online shop to get a few ounces of these?

Latest posts

Back