Man, the Brewing Gods are Generous!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
What a weekend. Brewed a couple batches on Friday afternoon, which are both doing great. Here's the Hop Whore starting to blow off a few mins ago:

hopwhoreblowoff.jpg

Then, yesterday, we went to Home Depot because we had some gift cards and coupons. We don't usually go there, because it's 20 mins away...so I had to check out their turkey fryer selection (since one of my walmart specials has a pinhole in the LPG tubing). I found a similar set for $37---55k BTU, 30qt pot, etc., and put it in my cart. Then just for whatever reason I went perusing the next aisle up. What's this? for $7 more, there's Bayou Patio Stove, 150k BTU! Last one on the shelf. F*CK yeah. How sweet is this:

bayou.jpg

Then, yesterday afternoon when I was putting up my hop trellis, my next door neighbor asked me if I wanted a couple kegs that he wasn't using. Um, what do YOU think!? I had to clean them up a bunch because he had left them outside for a long time, but after a lot of oxyclean, star san, new seals and elbow grease, I have 2 "new" cornies, both of which hold pressure:

greenkegs.jpg

I don't know what I did to deserve all this...

Nice!

That's the same burner I've been using, I like it a lot. Not quite as much OOMPH as the Banjo Burner, but real easy to control the output.

I picked up that same burner from HD and have been using it for about a year. It's quiet, seems more efficient than my turkey frier one as far as gas use, and can boil 25 gallons without too much pain. Nice and wide as well, to acccomodate large kettles. Excellent for the price.

Back