What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee.

One of you salt water fisherman needs to help me identify this monster of the deep I reeled in this morning. Looks like the critter on my bottle of Sculpin, so that is my best guess as to what he is.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Don't know wtf that is but the closest we have to that up here are Sea Robins. I hate this ugly floccers.

Can you explain that? I do want to better understand it.

Matt, thanks for the review. I am actually pretty pleased with that beer. It's better than I thought it would be.

Just how flavors of adjuncts change tremendously during ferment. As in, fruit is sweet, fermented fruit is not. Youve got to try a bad honey or maple heavy beer to really be able to pick out what it adds and how to use it to suit your tastes.

Coffee.

One of you salt water fisherman needs to help me identify this monster of the deep I reeled in this morning. Looks like the critter on my bottle of Sculpin, so that is my best guess as to what he is.

Sea robin. Coffee.

Coffee.

Duh, just lick it and see if it tastes hoppy.
Having Earl Grey

Sea robin. Coffee.

Yikes. Googled those critters and they apparently inject a mild poison with their dorsal fin spines that causes pain for 3-4 days. I took that little monster off the hook with my bare hand. Luck I learned how to deal with those spines taking sunfish off the hook up north.

About to crack a Jai Alai.

Coffee.

We always called them dog fish here, although dogfish are something completely different. I hate those stupid things.

Yikes. Googled those critters and they apparently inject a mild poison with their dorsal fin spines that causes pain for 3-4 days. I took that little monster off the hook with my bare hand. Luck I learned how to deal with those spines taking sunfish off the hook up north.

About to crack a Jai Alai.

Good thing!
That's why I like having needle nose pliers with me fishing. Things with nasty spiny fins, I just hold the line with one hand and take the hook out with the pliers in the other hand. No touchy. :D

I can confirm that Redbull does this. A couple summers ago they came a college apt pool and handed them out. But yes, pics or it didnt happen :mug:

Dammit! I completely spaced taking a pic. On a bus now headed downtown and really have no clue where I'm going. This is gonna be fun!

Captain's Reserve IIPA. MEH

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396972870.600778.jpg

Dammit! I completely spaced taking a pic. On a bus now headed downtown and really have no clue where I'm going. This is gonna be fun!

Then it did not happen.

I read that and its just retarded. Beers I do think people should avoid but their reasoning is retarded. Propylene Glycol is to chill not in the actually beer. Second fish bladder aka isinglass that's been use for forever. I do not know any brewer with hight frutose sugar for back sweetening. gotta love it

Then it did not happen.

I read that and its just retarded. Beers I do think people should avoid but their reasoning is retarded. Propylene Glycol is to chill not in the actually beer. Second fish bladder aka isinglass that's been use for forever. I do not know any brewer with hight frutose sugar for back sweetening. gotta love it

Looks like craft brewer finally got them some lobbists

Then it did not happen.

True avoidable beers but if you dont drink them because of these "reasons" do us all a favor and jump off a bridge. Pretty much same crap that foodbabe skank posted a while back.

PM me about meet up or with questions. Thursday at Falling Rock Night of the Barrel looks like my best option.

Don't be too hung over to actually make it to the CBC. :)

Back at the office having a coffee with my feet up in the desk. Boss ****. Buzz.

PM me about meet up or with questions. Thursday at Falling Rock Night of the Barrel looks like my best option.

Don't be too hung over to actually make it to the CBC. :)

Will do! Headed to great divide right now. I make no promises regarding hangovers but I'm a champ and will power through it!

Onto the Old Chub again. I only have one "real beer" left after this. Gonna have to hit the bottle shop one more time before heading to Tampa in a couple days.

Just registered for CBC and having samples of beers brewed with hops from the German hop growers union and smelling some fresh German hops.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396991825.197140.jpg

Back