New Guy From Alaska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifty-six

Reaction score
Hello All,

I will be in the Aleutians for the next 7 months building a harbor. Akutan.

I live in Homer, Alaska and have brewed form time to time over the years. Getting alcohol or anything for that matter here on the island is a real chore and quite expensive so I am gonna brew beer on the regular. I have already made a few batches here with a Mr. Beer kit someone left behind and didn't really do much with. Like I said I have brewed in the past but still consider myself a beginner and could use your knowledge and to be honest the social outlet will be great. plus I have plenty of time. Not much to do here on the off hours.

mr beer is a cool kit that is what i started with. i will give you the best tip dont eat yellow snow. lol. if you can get corn sugar use it to prime with instead of cane sugar. i used a booster pack with all my recipes. my favorite is the oktoberfest!! now im starting all grain.

Back