Is this a good deal for yeast kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well its hard to say since the auction is 5 days from being over. personally i wouldnt pay more than it is at now with the shipping cost. that might be because i built my stir plate for $4. you should probably just get a 2 liter flask instead of the 2 in the auction. the 500ml isnt very useful and you will be wishing you had a bigger one than the 1 liter once you get into building starters.

I got my one liter starter set from Austin Homebrew for about 20 bucks, and my stirplate from stirstarters for 42 bucks. $62 for brand new stuff. That auction has 5 days left and is at about $40 with shipping.
I'd go the new route unless you can make your own stirplate.
Just my thoughts.

I'd like to see at least a 2L flask instead of the 1L. It give much room for bigger beers/lagers.

I got my one liter starter set from Austin Homebrew for about 20 bucks, and my stirplate from stirstarters for 42 bucks. $62 for brand new stuff. That auction has 5 days left and is at about $40 with shipping.
I'd go the new route unless you can make your own stirplate.
Just my thoughts.

EXCLLENT! I just ordered the stirplate for $42 ... I cld probably build one, but I would rather brew beer ! Thank you for the heads up ! (I have the flask already)

This will sure beat the shake occaisionally method

Back