What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397349638.451102.jpg

Sadly rolling rock now but started the night at home before riding with 3 homebrew nut brown and a buddy's porter

View attachment 192832

Sadly rolling rock now but started the night at home before riding with 3 homebrew nut brown and a buddy's porter

I remember when Rolling Rock was brewed 20 minutes from where I grew up. Not that it was a fantastic beer then, but once AB bought it, it became dead to me.

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

I remember when Rolling Rock was brewed 20 minutes from where I grew up. Not that it was a fantastic beer then, but once AB bought it, it became dead to me.

It's good for when I'm riding the trike sluggin beers, it's earlier than pouring a pint in the middle of the woods every time I want a beer. And craft cans are to expensive for me at this point and time

I Remember my dad telling me he used to love rolling rock when it was in latrobe cause the had glass lined fermentors

It's good for when I'm riding the trike sluggin beers, it's earlier than pouring a pint in the middle of the woods every time I want a beer. And craft cans are to expensive for me at this point and time

I stick with Yuengling in that situation. It's better than RR IMO.

I Remember my dad telling me he used to love rolling rock when it was in latrobe cause the had glass lined fermentors

Yeah. That was a big selling point for them...the glass lined tanks. Just like Miller's vortex bottle.

The cheese (cheddar) went on the turkey burgers I grilled.

CCB Hopped on the High Seas w/Calypso. My least favorite of the series, still decent though.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397351279.826577.jpg
Did anyone pick one of these up? Not sure what to expect from it.

I'm a big fan of turkey burgers... I also like the chicken burgers my gf makes with taco seasoning

That's awesome. I use ground turkey and make my own burgers using my own mix of seasonings. Same with ground chicken and beef.

Just finished prepping wings for tomorrow. Smoking them over white oak while I brew a quad with a bunch of people who are coming over here!

That's awesome. I use ground turkey and make my own burgers using my own mix of seasonings. Same with ground chicken and beef.

Just finished prepping wings for tomorrow. Smoking them over white oak while I brew a quad with a bunch of people who are coming over here!

What seasonings do you use?

Pretty good stuff if you like a wisky forward amber. Don't drink wisky(Ive proven myself to not handle it) but its IA Templeton Rye wisky barrel aged beer from Knoxville(which Ive never heard of (the town), but would like to visit this gung-ho Belgian yeast strain loving brewery sometime). I think their amber is actually the only beer not brewed with a Belgian strain. No vanilla though, mostly boozy wisky. And for some reason I had a nostalgic memory of being a kid and snooping through my Grandpas liquor bar and smelling everything which this wisky aroma reminded me of. When I drink this it reminds me of one of my barleywine/strong ales which was a bit on the carmelly-sweet English style- side and a Kentucky barrel aged beer at the same time.

templeton red.jpg

What seasonings do you use?

Depends on what I'm cooking. For burgers, it's usually a mix of salt,
Pepper, garlic powder, seasoned salt,
Herbs and heat (chipotle or cayenne).

For stuff I smoke, I use slightly different spices. I always mix my seasonings in a bowl and taste-test before adding to the meat so I know it has a perfect balance of salt, sweet and heat.

Second pour of my Eugene IPA.

No pictures. But man, when I eventually make it back home for a visit, my wife and kids won't see me at night.

For stuff I smoke, I use slightly different spices. I always mix my seasonings in a bowl and taste-test before adding to the meat so I know it has a perfect balance of salt, sweet and heat.

Smoking some pork butts and bacon wrapped jalepeno's tomorrow on some pecan chips. I suppose I should give the butt a rubbin' tonight.

Wait. What?...

I enjoy venison and plan on smoking a bird I take on the 21st. Gotta love hunting your own meat instead of buying the "swill" of meat in the store be it organic or not. Nothing is organic until you pump it full of lead (or steel) right after it wakes up

Smoking some pork butts and bacon wrapped jalepeno's tomorrow on some pecan chips. I suppose I should give the butt a rubbin' tonight.

Wait. What?...

I never rub the night before especially if the rub contains a good amount of salt.

I enjoy venison and plan on smoking a bird I take on the 21st. Gotta love hunting your own meat instead of buying the "swill" of meat in the store be it organic or not. Nothing is organic until you pump it full of lead (or steel) right after it wakes up

I would shoot the animals that come by out back and eat them but I'm usually a few beers deep and don't want to risk shooting a firearm under the influence. :ban:

Having another glass of water. Resting-up for another long day!

Wes, how's your little one? We really do care about her.

I'm drinking this for the first time while going over notes from a great brew day
View attachment 192825

She's doing okay. X-rays looked good, so nothing broken or fractured, so that's good. She just sprained and bruised her knee really bad. Hopefully she'll just be in pain for a few days and it will heal up.
I appreciate the concern and well wishes guys!

She's doing okay. X-rays looked good, so nothing broken or fractured, so that's good. She just sprained and bruised her knee really bad. Hopefully she'll just be in pain for a few days and it will heal up.
I appreciate the concern and well wishes guys!

Great news! Cheers!

Sent from my van, down by the river.

Thanks man... On to a yeung

Hell yeah you should! 12-24 hrs ahead of cooking. Im jealous of all the ppl grilling out already, its crappy and raining here. Gettin into some Skeeter

I rubbed em up proper. I actually used a thin coat of homemade maple syrup to adhere the rub on.

Look at my butt bro, yeah that is a little dried orange peel that I am brewing with tomorrow on there as well. :rockin: ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397354738.137629.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397354697.210273.jpg
    ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397354697.210273.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 70
New local stuff. Since living on the main arterie of the Missisippi River most of my days. Pretty good, they have a killer Uncommon stout(stout-coffee) said it backwards because its so dankish coffee forward that is was better than coffee. Had it on tap and was incredible, then they sarted bottleing it- think day old coffee. As far as seing a local brewery step up and start bottleing they have seemed to be consistently good. Glad to see they are still around and growing now so good. 9 bucks a sixer? Killer! Not much to disappoint if you can get it short of bottleing too. Maybe I will age one to see how it holds up. Ive been seing so much deteriorating 2 hearted around here in Walmarts and about everywhere that it could give it a bad name that it just reminds me how you can interperet a beer without knowing how good it can be. Know what im sayin. Maybe I don't know what im sayin Its been rare that Ive had old 2 hearted but it seems more realistic to get old 2 hearted now around here.

Steamboat_IPA_large.jpg

Back