will this work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have some hard lemonade that is fermented out dry...I want to sweeten it and then bottle carb it. Can I back sweeten with splenda, then use priming sugar ( 5 oz for 5 gal) to carbonate it? My wife hates splenda but I can't think of another way to achieve both my goals ( sweeten and carbed)

Some people also use lactose to back sweeten. However, if you or her have any problems with drinking milk then lactose would give you the same problems.

I just sweetened some cider with Splenda and my GF who cringed at the idea couldn't tell.

Some people also use lactose to back sweeten. However, if you or her have any problems with drinking milk then lactose would give you the same problems.

I just sweetened some cider with Splenda and my GF who cringed at the idea couldn't tell.

My wife has a friend who is " allergic" to everything under the sun. (Allergic being in quotes because it is BS) Anyway she has convinced my wife that she is allergic to artificial sweeteners. Anyway neither of us are lactose intolerant as far as I know....Can I buy that at the local supermarket or is it something I have to order?

My LHBS carries lactose so if you have a place near you I'd run in and check it out, but if you don't have a home brew store close you can order it from any of the home brew supply places online.

My wife has a friend who is " allergic" to everything under the sun. (Allergic being in quotes because it is BS) Anyway she has convinced my wife that she is allergic to artificial sweeteners.

My wife has severe arthritis and used every sugar substitute over the years and splenda since it came on the market. Two years ago we took a trip over seas where splenda was not available, she switched to normal sugar for coffee and tea. Her arthritis got much better. We have not had splenda or any other sugar substitute in the house since. Just sayin'.

I don't believe that Stevia is fermentable and it completely natural so you shouldn't get any crap from the "I'm allergic to everything" nut cases. :D

My wife has severe arthritis and used every sugar substitute over the years and splenda since it came on the market. Two years ago we took a trip over seas where splenda was not available, she switched to normal sugar for coffee and tea. Her arthritis got much better. We have not had splenda or any other sugar substitute in the house since. Just sayin'.

I believe this to be true... remember I am the guy who wont eat out of aluminum. I am speaking STRICTLY of this one individual neighbor lol... I tested the lemonad with sugar and splenda and it is terrible either way so I am just gonna use sugar and bottle it flat. someone will drink it for the buzz lol.

Back