cleaning bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shady oaks

Reaction score
I just recieved 3 cases of bottles (only $6 on craigslist) that are really good shape. I brought them home, soaked them in luke warm water before putting in hot water with non-scented dishsoap. Half the bottles have a 19.5mm opening in the neck, the others have a 17.5mm opening. The problem I'm having is my bottle brush will not squeeze down the smaller of the two sizes. There is no mold or any other build up in the bottles. So will a good hot soak, vigorous shaking, rinse and then sanitize before bottling be enough?

I just recieved 3 cases of bottles (only $6 on craigslist) that are really good shape. I brought them home, soaked them in luke warm water before putting in hot water with non-scented dishsoap. Half the bottles have a 19.5mm opening in the neck, the others have a 17.5mm opening. The problem I'm having is my bottle brush will not squeeze down the smaller of the two sizes. There is no mold or any other build up in the bottles. So will a good hot soak, vigorous shaking, rinse and then sanitize before bottling be enough?

Over night all of them in hot PBW, then rinse, then sanitize :rockin:

Back