Coopers Draught adding Flavor in secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbonbrew

Reaction score
I have my first brew going and its the coopers draught that came with the brew kit. I was thinking about adding some flavor when I put it in to the secondary fermenter. Anyone have any good suggestions on what to add to this style of beer.

You could add some hops, "dry hopping", but I believe the style is a pale lager or pilsner type beer, soooooo, not much flavor. If you don't care about keeping it to style, you can add whatever you want.
If I remember right we had one of these "kits" in a bunch of old leftover extracts from a brewhouse, we simply added more hops and also boiled some jalapenos in it, then added a couple jalapeno slices to each bottle, great chile beer.

carbonbrew, for your first batch, I'd suggest making as is. I know it doesn't sound interesting, but I found that getting the basics done well is more rewarding than making an interesting sounding beer, and not knowing why it turned out well -- or more importantly, why it didn't.

This is not to say that any taste might not be interesting in a Cooper's batch, but I suggest getting your basics done first, then you can get funky.

carbonbrew, for your first batch, I'd suggest making as is. I know it doesn't sound interesting, but I found that getting the basics done well is more rewarding than making an interesting sounding beer, and not knowing why it turned out well -- or more importantly, why it didn't.

This is not to say that any taste might not be interesting in a Cooper's batch, but I suggest getting your basics done first, then you can get funky.

I guess I should clarify its not my first time home brewing just my first time 100% solo just got my own stuff finally. I also have the same coopers draught in bottles already from my father so that is why I was thinking about adding some flavor.

Back