What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's like asking if a bear craps in the woods.

Here is your answer.

8686324492_54814be3c0.jpg

I am embarrassed to say that I am still drinking Bud Lights. I figured that since I started out cheap I may as well continue. I will make up for it tomorrow I swear. Gotta love Macrobrew Mondays.

HB black IPA after working in the yard cuz its 77 degrees out :)

Just did some of the same, putting an almost empty 95 gallon can for pick up in the morning I figured what the heck! Filled it up with yard debris,I don't get enough for my tax dollars:off:
My belgian IPA, soon to be changed up.

Really? Two, totally different flavors.

Similarity of flavor has nothing to do with it.

I said the two beers are in close competition for my favorite. Didn't say they tasted like each other.

Jennifer Garner and Amy Adams are also two of my favorites. Two totally different flavors.

:mug:

Sample of my strawberry blonde 5 days after adding strawberry. The sweetness from using Denny's Favorite 50 yeast is pretty gone, the strawberries left a slight tartness that I sort of expected but I think people would call it astringent for lack of knowing what else to say. I personally find it a pleasurable beer and in smelling it, I got some up my nose and 10 minutes later, the pleasant smell of strawberry is still lingering. :) The color is not off in spite of the orange cover it sits on.
That is definitely the color of the beer itself if not slightly saturated due to my phone being a dick.

Drinking a Coke Cherry Zero...moving on to the good stuff later. Here's a pic of my extract version of the strawberry blonde from the same recipe. My strawberries went into the wort after the boil cooled to 170F and fermented in primary for a little over a week. In secondary to clear...maybe ready this weekend. Things going on the next couple of weekends, so it may wind up sitting awhile.

DSC04321.jpg

You all stink. Orange juice and seltzer to wash down day 1 of a z-pack of antibiotics. Grrr. Darn potential bronchitis. Even better... A dry wedding reception on my first night off them next weekend.

My Honey ale. Used 30%honey. KInda based it off of Midwests Honey Bee Ale. Its Like a light ale but 7% and finished a@ 1.01. 2yrs old now. Was better earlier on,if I do a honey ale again Im using only seasonal local honey-just found out how much better it is than the store stuff last year while making meads. That honey really kind of blew me away how good it was and that Ive never had anything like it all my life.

You can taste that its fermented with sugars though in this beer kinda has the gluten free/ little bit hot taste to it. Lot better than a GF beer though. Almost like an American wheat ale also, Not exactly a great tasting beer though. I would confirm though that the more honey you use the more cidery/gluten free taste aroma you get which I find kinda unpleasant. Better drank young and with good fresh seasonal honey and probably used raw in secondary. I think if I use honey again its going to be in a big braggot or something big like a barleywine. May even try it in an imperial ipa.

IMG_20140310_200115436_HDR.jpg

First of my finished Hard Pineapple Juice (11%) mixed with tropical punch. Im pretty dang happy with this. Pretty quick turnaround fom fermenter to glass, I racked it to my spare bottling bucket for easy pouring. Im sure it will be a refreshing daily drinker during Summer.

1394501355983.jpg

First of my finished Hard Pineapple Juice (11%) mixed with tropical punch. Im pretty dang happy with this. Pretty quick turnaround fom fermenter to glass, I racked it to my spare bottling bucket for easy pouring. Im sure it will be a refreshing daily drinker during Summer.

Pineapple juice, sugar, and yeast? If not, I'd love to hear about this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Pineapple juice, sugar, and yeast? If not, I'd love to hear about this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Basically Skeeter recipe but switch lemon juice for 3 48oz cans of Dole Naturally Sweet pineapple juice. After final racking and Sparklloid I mixed with Kool Aid Tropical Punch syrup for Soda Stream. Easy peasy and very tasty. Huge pineapple aroma and flavor.

That's a good one. Was going to pick one up for you until I saw you got it recently.

It's tasty. It's a little over 2 months old and still hoppy. I have a few more hb to bottle. I also will have some special bottled for my birthday I'm opening with me.

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

Basically Skeeter recipe but switch lemon juice for 3 48oz cans of Dole Naturally Sweet pineapple juice. After final racking and Sparklloid I mixed with Kool Aid Tropical Punch syrup for Soda Stream. Easy peasy and very tasty. Huge pineapple aroma and flavor.

I have a batch fermenting now that's 1/2 lemon juice and half pineapple juice.... Should be interesting....wish i went full pineapple like you did... Always next time

Last night was a single of my first ever batch of homebrew after the 2.5 week mark, followed by GOD KNOWS how many Jack and Coffee's.

Tonight I'm at home polishing off the Stags my dad has in his fridge that are past the Good By date he told me to drink.

Back