Hey Hey from Vermont!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daburban

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, so happy to be here! Starting to get into the art and science of brewing and i'm so excited about it! I'm working on basic ales and getting the hang of the process. Down the road i would love to make some meads and oatmeal stouts. I havn't started sifting through these pages but they looked packed, awesome! :rockin:

Welcome!

Where in Vermont? I grew up in the Bennington area, I live right over the border in northwest MA now. There was a group of us folks from around the area who got together to do a group-brew session a couple months ago, you might want to check out the thread (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16065&highlight=yankee). We're all hoping to have another get-together sometime in the next few months again.

Welcome! I'm living near springfield, and would love more friends! enjoy the boards, the folks here are great...

Hippie, buddy, you need to change the address that shows up under your name. You're not on the North Shore anymore ;)

Unless, of course, you're trying to hide your real location from folks (in which case you're failing).

Maybe I haven't fully commited to it here! Usually I put "Parts Unknown"... Did you have fun with the Michigan Kid ( using his cowboy name, 'cause I can't think of his handle;) )

I'm in the Burlington area going to school, grew up outside montpilier. Is there a section dedicated to basics on here?

Yeah, we had a really good time. Food was great (beer was a little mediocre). Our wives seemed to get along well. His daughter's a cutie. When we left the restaurant, she and Cassie were dancing up a storm together. It was good times.

Of course, I ended up missing the half of the game that the Pats played well in, but...

Daburban said:
I'm in the Burlington area going to school, grew up outside montpilier. Is there a section dedicated to basics on here?

There's a whole separate forum for beginners. If you're just getting started, let me be the first to recommend taking a gander at www.howtobrew.com. It's John Palmer's book, probably the single best resource for homebrewing, completely free in its entirity online (first edition, though). That'll get you up to speed quickly.

Well Jay, atleast you got to see the greatest comeback in NFL playoff history:drunk:
I am glad you had a good time.

Daburban, sorry about hijacking your thread... Enjoy yourself here, and come to one of our gatherings:mug: start saving now, you will want all sorts of toys very quickly:rockin:

Don't know if you can call me the Michigan Kid anymore. Just set up shop in North Adams, MA.

Yeah, we had a very good time. Like Jay said, good food, ok beer.
Sorry about the Pats game Jay:p

the_bird said:
Yeah, we had a really good time. Food was great (beer was a little mediocre). Our wives seemed to get along well. His daughter's a cutie. When we left the restaurant, she and Cassie were dancing up a storm together. It was good times.

I had to read this 3x before I realized it had absolutely nothing to do with My beer or the brew session. :)

Anyway...Welcome to the Forum from Brattleboro, where by the way I make fabulous beer!

Back