Stuck or Slow - the Creeping Dragon Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerspitnight

Reaction score
We put our stout into primary last Saturday night (Saturday morning for those of you in the West) https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/our-year-dragon-stout-303141/

OG was 1.071 and last night (this morning) we took a reading to see where we are at 1.055, which is much higher than I expected after 4 days of fermentation. We used 05, which usually attenuates pretty fast for us.
Temps in the fermenting room range from 15c at night to 18c during the day (60-65).

We'll let it ride for a bit longer as there is still bubbling going on within the bucket and a good head of krausen. Just wondering if we should be prepared for an under-attenuated brew.

RDWHAHB and take another reading in a couple of weeks.

A couple of weeks!!! Oh my, I am far too impatient to wait a couple of weeks! :) At least that is why my wife tells me!

We were/are concerned only because we have always had rapid fermentation with the 05 strand and this is the first time it has lagged on us.

Thanks for the replies.

Latest sample (taken Saturday night) was 1.032. At least we are moving in the right direction! This is the "slowest" fermentation that we have had with 05.

Back