Was in Arizona last weekend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikebiewer

Reaction score
Spent some time in Tempe last week and while there we decided to do a day trip up to the Sedona Mountains. It was a blast! After the hike we hit up a brew pub on the way back. Oak Creek Brewery and Grill.

I have to say, I wasn't all that impressed with the place overall. The food was decent, but expensive. The beer, aside from a couple, the Hefe and Pale Ale, weren't that great. The waitress was kind of snotty and the 80's music playing over the radio kind of threw me off. It was a tourist trap that didn't really have an identity so it could identify with everyone I think.

Have any of you been there? What was your take on it?

I've got a little video I made about the day if you care to see it. Its pretty short.

Review of Oak Creek Brewery and Grill

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

We stayed in Sedona for a week a few years ago. Don't think we visited the place you mention in particular. It's an artsy-fartsy kind of place for sure, but where else can you get that kind of scenery?
I'm from Indiana, so maybe I'm easily impressed...LOL
Not far to the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff.
We'd definitely go back for another visit

Was a really nice place, but it seemed like there were little shops and restaurants everywhere.

The hiking was beautiful, minus the fact that part of the hike was right alongside the property line of these magnificent condos...Commercialized for sure!

Thanks for the comments guys!

I was there last year with my homebrew club I liked it...but we got to see all the of the brewery and talked beer with the brewers. I did like the Pale Ale too!

Man, if I was in Tempe I would have gone to the Titus bicycle factory. I just bought one of their mountain bikes last month. slightly :off:

You said it on Sedona. You got to go a few miles north of town on 89a to get away from the commercialized areas and the tourist trap you were in. I know you must have flew into PHX, you should have went 5 miles to Four Peaks Brewery in Tempe, now that place rocks! Plus the scenery in Tempe is way better than Sedona if you know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back