"Mongolian Grill" style bar!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
i was just sitting here day dreaming of my home brew setup(get a life, i know) and it dawned on me; "why is there no bars out there that have a couple beers on tap at each table with a counter in them and a flow regulator."

It would work like this, you place your beer under the tap, push a button, the counter moves up one digit, and the proper amount of beer flows into your mug. This all works AFTER you have inserted your debit card. Thus allowing you to drink without waiting for the waitresses, who can sometimes be rude, but then if they are hot, well you miss out on that too. Ok so not well thought out but i thought this may spur some discussion.

Who would have thought 20 years ago there would be a flat panel tv at every booth like some places have now?

:mug:

The Reverend

That would be cool, but I can quickly imagine some potential liability issues. Nobody at the table to make sure the person dispensing from the tap is of legal age. Probably more important, no one to cut off that patron when they've had a little bit too much.

Hmm, good points. The being of age deal would be no more difficult than carding at the door, or in the case of a sports bar where anyone can get in, just dropping by to check peoples IDs before giving them the glasses.

The issue about making sure no one gets way to drunk is a bit more difficult. Hmmmmmmmm.

How would you buy a drink for a hottie?

Would you need to pull out a (syphon) hose.....you may get slapped for suggesting that...but then again, if you don't get slapped....well ya know.

Naaaa, although a potential good pickup line. just get another glass from the bar, press the button and then take it over.

The real killer is that you would only have two or three beers available at each table (without some uber-complex hosing system that I can't imagine). So, you and your buddy would have to request "The IPA Table," then if you want to switch to something else - well, you'd have to change tables. Maybe I'm different than most, but especially if it's a place with lots of good beer, I'm going to try different things rather than stick to one beer. On this same train of thought, what happens when you go out with four or five friends, and everyone wants to drink something different?

I suppose you could have a "house beer" on tap at the table and call the waitress over for special requests, but that kind of kills the whole concept.

Sorry to be a buzzkill!

I would go if they had ice cold, Labbatt 50 on tap.
Then again, if they served labbatt 50 on tap, chances are that all the customers in the bar would not have a full set of teeth between them.
But I would still go.

the_bird said:
The real killer is that you would only have two or three beers available at each table (without some uber-complex hosing system that I can't imagine). So, you and your buddy would have to request "The IPA Table," then if you want to switch to something else - well, you'd have to change tables. Maybe I'm different than most, but especially if it's a place with lots of good beer, I'm going to try different things rather than stick to one beer. On this same train of thought, what happens when you go out with four or five friends, and everyone wants to drink something different?

I suppose you could have a "house beer" on tap at the table and call the waitress over for special requests, but that kind of kills the whole concept.

Sorry to be a buzzkill!

Jeez, i guess. But i say again, who would have ever thought that there would be a flat tv in every booth?

Where there is a beer enthusiest, there is a way:mug:

You know, if all bars were required to employ only hot, attentive, flirtatious, scantily-clad waitresses, none of this would be an issue...

I was thinking that you meant dual use for propane burner as a wort boiler and a grill table for a Wok. That's what I'm going to do with mine.

The propane burner puts out an amazing amount of heat perfect for wokking.
This is especially true if you use an electric stove inside.

When I build out my grill/fireplace area, that's what I'm gonna do.

Back