Paintball Refill station for CGA-320 tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky27x

Reaction score
I took my CO2 tank to a local paintball field today to see if they could fill it for me, and so far no. It appears the paintball tanks and my co2 tank have different ends. The paintball adapter threaded on but when they tried transfering the co2 it seemed to bleed out of a tiny hole on the threaded part of there adapter. Is there a special end a person needs to use a paintball filling station hose to fill our CGA-320 style tanks? I have looked but nothing looks right to me it's hard to tell in some pics. This is the only place short of a 2 hour drive to fill my tank so I would like to make it work if I can!!

Thanks for your help !!:mug:

It really depends on how they have their fill station set up.
My fill station can fill either a PB tank or a standard co² tank.
I fill my 2.5 pounder from a 20 pound tank. The 20 pounder has a dip tube in it.

Paint ball setup:
DSC00478.JPG

CO² tank setup:
DSC00480s.JPG

I use a quick disconnect to change the fill line adapter.

Hi,

Sorry about the bump, but this looks like exactly what I was looking as a dual fill station setup, but have had difficulty finding. I plan on using the CO2 end + an adapter to refill my wife's soda cartridges, and the CGA320 end to refill my 5lb tank from a 20lb siphoned tank I plan on buying. So far, everything I have found has more bells and whistles than I need.

My question is, do you remember where you got this setup, and where I can find it, or did you custom assemble it yourself? Thanks!

meisterbrau02,

I bought the set up a bunch of years ago from a Paintball shop. I've looked around for Paintball "stuff" locally, within the last couple of months. I'm hard pressed to find anything today. You might want to do an online search.

Wishing you the best and I'm sorry that I could not help. (Especially on your first post.) I'll try to do some more digging to see if I can locate it.

BTW: Welcome to this forum. I truely hope you continue participating here. Please!

P-J

Edit: Do a Google search on paintball co2 fill station and you will probably be able to find the set up.

Second Edit: Found one. Ebay - New Paintball Deluxe Dual Valve CO2 Fill Station 36"

Thanks. I've brewed up a batch, and I'm waiting for it to be ready. Not sure if I'll run and spend even more $ yet on the paintball setup and tanks. Have you ever primed it directly in the keg before getting this setup? I assume that the first couple of glasses will be yeasty, but I don't really consider that a big problem.

People naturally prime in the keg but you may still need to hit it with some co2 to get the keg to seal.

I bought an adaptor like this one http://www.homebrewing.org/The-Adapter-CO2-regulator-to-Paintball-Tank-Adapter_p_1122.html and took it today to HD to get some ball valves and a tee.

I'm looking to use a 20# tank to fill a 5# tank not a paintball tank.

the guy at HD said the adapter is a straight thread and all of their ball valves are tapered. for anyone that has built one of these do you guys have part numbers? has anyone run into this issue with their adapter being a straight thread and couldn't find a ball valve to thread on.

I could thread the valve on but only 1-1.5 turns due to the taper.

I also went to a local hardware store and they weren't any help either. they suggested I contact a gas supply company to see if they could build a rig for me.

also thanks to PJ for the response to my PM :)

haha I'm at a loss here and I know my 5# tank in the kegerator will be empty shortly.

Latest posts

Back