So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double batch tomorrow for the holiday weekend:

- The Pumpkinator pumpkin ale (modified version of RenoEnvy's Punkin)
- Hopopotamus Extra IPA (with lots of Citra, Cascade, and a Centennial dry hop)

I'm making 12 1 gallon batches of hard cider, and a 5 gallon blackberry mead today. The cider is an experiment for me I'm trying 8 different yeasts and a few with some added sugars and a couple with different kinds of juices and cider

I brewed an IPA on Friday... I am brewing my last Hefeweizen of the season today and a Blonde Ale tomorrow. Since the weather is starting to get cooler I picked up some Nottinham and will make 10 gallons of Nut Brown next weekend.

Getting ready to mash in for an American IPA.
Been putting in too many work hours the past few weeks.
Feels great to relax with a brewday!
:ban:

BrewDay111009_1.jpg

Brewing Up 5 gals of Edworts Pale Ale as we speak... been a little bit of a clumsy brew day, but it's a beautiful day and in the end there will be beer!

First AG and it was interesting. First, warm out in central Illinois. Lots of bugs out on a day like today and I moved the operation to the backyard from the garage to give my new-to-brew friend some more room and to relax with his second batch (a wit) ever. His tasted good for his second batch. Gratz to him. First, to warm up the mlt cooler, I used boiling water and bubbled the inside of the cooler a little. No biggie. Not upset at all. But all day, fighting the gnats and the bees and they were a force to be reckoned with. Super pleased that my 6.5g of wort boiled down to 5g. Started using my cfc for the first time, but I lacked some height and some good starting pressure that caused my wort to flow very slow. All the time, little gnats are trying to get all over my fermented. At least a dozen were fished out of the wort or off of the interior walls. Then a bee! WTF! Get them all out and have to dump the rest of the kettle in since I lack a false bottom to get all of the goods below the ball valve (new kettle as well). Notice that removing the hop bags left me a little shy of 5g so I top of with some spring water. Not too terrible since it was only a 1/2g, but after I top off I am now up to 5.25g. So, I misread my shadows and have a larger wort. Guess I can live with the slightly watered down Bells Amber Ale clone, but I hope the bugs did not completely infect my creation. Oh well. Live and learn. Next time, we brew in the garage and keep it closed up.

Just done with a 15 gal Irish Red Ale batch

A last minute deal really, made up a recipe this morning after reading the BJCP stylebook and looking through a few recipes online.

Won´t pitch the yeast until tomorrow since the starter had not started up yet.
Using WYeast 1084 Irish Ale yeast (only had one packed so I made a larger starter)

Waiting for my wort to cool right now on a raspberry blonde. Its my 3rd brew since I started. I keep brewing and still have not got to drink any of the beer I have made out of a bottle.

I have a helles bock that will go in bottles next weekend, a cider that still has massive amounts of activity even though it has been in primary for 13 days and my raspberry going into primary this afternoon.

I am finishing the boil on a pumpkin ale. I also cracked into my first kegged batch, a watermelon wheat beer. Great day!

I'm a pumpkin ale virgin, and I just bottled my first this morning. Seven weeks in primary, no secondary, two nights cold crash in the garage at 40F, nice spice tea added to bottling bucket, hoping for the best. We'll see on Halloween!

Does today count as this weekend? I have the day off and am taking advantage of it to brew a pale ale. It is a combination of a couple of recipes on this board with some modifications. I am trying to come up with a "house" pale ale for the CGVT househould...

Just started heating the strike water.

Me! Flying home Friday. Driving directly to the LHBS to get some hops. Should be mashing in at six.

CANT WAIT

A couple of Michigan Mashers/Hbters are getting together for a group brew today. One of them is doing a Barleywine, another is doing a sour and I'm doing a Kentucky Common.

This turned out to be quite a fun day.

I starred in a "how to brew" video for a buddy's video production class homework. It should be interesting. I'm sure he'll put it up on his youtube channel when he's done editing.

It should be interested. I think as I drink my voice gets higher. And since there were close to a dozen beer geeks and brewers in and out all day, and lots of brews to taste, as well as meads, as you see the video, my voice should go higher and higher as the video progresses. :drunk:

Going to have a brew day this Saturday with a bunch of the guys and a big bonfire to go along with it. Brewing up an AG oatmeal rye stout 5 gallon batch! Wish me luck!

I brewed my oatmeal stout yesterday-20 pounds 2 row, 4 pounds oatmeal and 2 pounds of rye malt. The sparge took forever but it's bubbling away. OG was 1.074, and it had the viscosity of used diesel oil.

My braid collapsed in my mash tun. I had to dump it all into a kettle, fix the braid and then drain and sparge.

What a pain in the a$$.

All is well, though. Finishing the boil now:rockin:

CGVT said:
My braid collapsed in my mash tun. I had to dump it all into a kettle, fix the braid and then drain and sparge.

What a pain in the a$$.

All is well, though. Finishing the boil now:rockin:

Don't feel bad. I went through basically the same thing last night.

I had the day off too. I brewed a AHS Honey Blonde kit I had gotten a while back. Hit the sp. gr. spot on, a first for me. I also used my homemade immersion chiller instead of the plate chiller as I didn't feel like cleaning up the plate chiller and got to use my Blichmann pot. I have to say, brewing with the right equipment makes it all the better. Whirl pooled the trub and drained off a nice clear beer, put the fermenting bucket in the swamp cooler and pitched the yeast at 73°F. Temp is now down to 65°F so it should ferment nice and clean in the 60's. Can't wait for my next day off to do a 10 gal. AG batch.

I have a day off tomorrow and will be brewing a base recipe for Arrogant Bastard, though it won't be AB as I'll be substituting Galaxy for all the hop additions. It is springtime here in Sydney Australia and it should be a lovely day to be out in the back yard.

Surprised nobody is brewing an all Columbus beer today :) If I had the day off I might have had to slip an All Columbus IPA into my rotation, to "celebrate" Columbus day! Really need to bottle/keg a few batches though...all of my carboys are full right now!

Ok, so since I decided to brew my American Stout last weekend instead of the American Brown Ale, I'll brew the Catahoula Carolina Brown Ale this weekend....starter going on tomorrow evening or the next day, I can't wait! :)

just started the water for a Founders Breakfast Stout Clone. Probably going to split in Seconday and put half on some burbon soaked toasted oak chips.

Going to try out the Black Widow Porter recipe from BCS tomorrow. I was pleased with the APA recipe from there so I figured I'll try another one from that book.

And no, I will not be adding spiders to the wort. ;)

Smithwick's clone yesterday and hoping to get an English Brown going this eve or tomorrow. But gotta keep my focus on the Lions tomorrow, so might have to hold off. 5 different batches in Primary right now, so I don't have to push another batch. PS - Anyone ever toss a couple oz of dark chocolate bar into their Stout primary before? Looking for opinions on messing around with my Milk Stout 10g batch that I was gonna split into 2 primary's.

Founders Breakfast Stout clone going right now, later will be a brown porter. I also managed to score a couple four packs of Founders for comparison later, I think i'll drink one while i'm brewing it too.:rockin:

Planning on heading to LHBS and picking up stuff for a BlackHook Strong Porter Clone recipe I found on BeerTools. Brother will pick up stuff for Yooper's Oatmeal Stout, and we'll try to get a double brewday in on Tuesday.

Brewing BierMuncher's OktoberFAST Ale, though I messed with the hop schedule a bit. I'm still experimenting with the no-chilling process as I haven't really been happy with adding hops directly to the cube (cube-hopping) it seems to add more bitterness than I expected (even using adjustment charts) and it lends a slightly unpleasant grassy flavor. I'm just doing two additions on this one - a FWH addition of Hallertauer and a 90min addition of Magnum. Should be a tasty beer, even though I missed the Oktoberfest season for this one.

Back