Good micro brew chalk board

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discgolfin

Reaction score
Hey all..Im looking for a good price on a chalkboard for a home brew bar. I have my keezer project all done and running and thought it would be neat to have the beers and descriptions of them on a chalkboard..maybe guiness or something like that..any suggestions?? I will have something on the tap handels at some point but this will make it feel more like a brewery

Thanks

They do make paint that you can paint a square/rectangle on the wall and chalk on it all day long. Less expensive likely than buying a fancy board, but more permanent.

Something like this?

Chalkboard.jpg

You can find them on ebay.

i don't have a picture at the moment, but I painted the lid of my keezer with chalkboard paint. I write the beer info next to the taps and there is plenty of room leftover for myself or guests to doodle with chalk, leave messages for posterity, etc. I even took the wee drip tray that I got with my original two tap conversion kit and turned it into a chalk holder -- now that that drip tray has been replaced with a larger version to catch drips from all five (!) taps.

This is how I did mine. It's a frame from Hobby Lobby $15, piece of Plexiglas $5, some chalkboard paint $5, and a vinyl sign insert from Fastsigns $15.
IMG_0577.JPG

Back