How fast does AHS process your orders?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericd

Reaction score
Hi, I have been ordering from AHS ever since I started homebrewing, and they've always been really good about getting an order shipped and on its way to me fast. However, my last two orders took forever to process. One took four days and the other one took an entire WEEK. Too long.

Is there another company that will do custom grain bills? Thats the only reason I posted this thread.

Usually, the day I place the order. Their last big sale, it was a week.

I usually order Tuesday night or Wednesday morning and have my stuff on Friday for a nice Sunday brewday.

I have heard of multiple bad experiences with AHS from slow order processing to the quality of their milled grains to their customer service. So I've never order from them. There are plenty of other good internet based home brew companies out there. Just do a search for one. The one I have been using the most is Northern Brewer, I have also ordered once from Williams, both have been great. Prices from one to another are fairly similar, some have lower prices but higher shipping, they even out.

I have heard of multiple bad experiences with AHS from slow order processing to the quality of their milled grains to their customer service. So I've never order from them. There are plenty of other good internet based home brew companies out there. Just do a search for one. The one I have been using the most is Northern Brewer, I have also ordered once from Williams, both have been great. Prices from one to another are fairly similar, some have lower prices but higher shipping, they even out.

In my relatively short experience with homebrewing, I've used both AHS and northern. Both charge flat rate shipping (awesome!) and have good prices.

Northern was faster to ship out, and much closer so I was faster to receive. Austin has been a max of 4 days, usually 2 or maybe 3 depending on the day and size of the order. No problems with either, northern is just sooo much closer and a pinch cheaper.

Eric,
I bet you Forrest from AHS will be along to help you. Make sure you type out Austin Homebrew Supply & he searches the forums.

That said: other than slaes & specials, I have had most of my stuff in 5-7 days from them. I try to have my order in on Sunday to have stuff to my door by Fri or Sat.

Pratically every other company I deal with will do custom grainbills, but how many of them have the owner on this forum answering questions & dealing with customer service problems?

Cheers,
Zac

This statement kind of took me by surprise. Yes there are times where it takes a little longer to ship your order, there was a problem with their crush but that was fixed and resolved, but i have never heard anyone say one bad thing about their customer service being poor?!?! Forrest is an active member here on these forums and goes as far as it takes to satisfy a customer. AHS get's all my business.

You gotta remember, with the flat rate shipping you get NO guarantee on when it will be shipped out, especially with big sales.

If you want it faster you have to pay for the shipping upgrade.

Thanks for asking. Because of our high volume, we ship orders in 1 to 2 days depending on volume. Most order ship in 1 day. We have an expidite service that will make your order ship out on the same day you ordered it. You just have to lose the discounted shipping and pay normal UPS rates. We don't delay orders, sometimes we are quicker than 1 to 2 days. If I doubled the shipping staff we would be able to get all orders out the same day. But if I did that, I would have to raise prices or eliminate the discounted shipping. We just had one customer in San Antonio save over $130 in shipping because we only charge $6.99 for shipping. The $6.99, 1-2 day shipping is extremely popular. About a third of everyday's shipping orders are new customers!

In May, we had a very large sale and in 2 days we received 3 weeks worth of orders! I admit that it took a week to process all of those orders. I could not have anticipated such a successful sale.

We have resolved all of the issues of the grain mill crush, so nothing to worry about there.

As I have stated before on this forum, if you are a customer of mine and there is ever an issue, I will more than take care of you. I want to be the best homebrew store with the best customer service. With over 400 new customers every month I think the word is spreading.

Thanks for your continued business and support.
Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

I did my past two orders from Austin Homebrew and paid a few extra bucks for the expedited service. Both orders were shipped the same day and I got them in 3 days. My orders were recipe ingredients so it didn't add much to get the faster service. I've been happy and will continue to order from them....

Back