Starting my electric basement brewery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new 1/2bbl woot. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407681926.058354.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412166757.636498.jpg

C02 transfer through my filters and into my kegs in series.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412166972.891556.jpg

And the result of that one.... 7.7% Honey Brown, was a huge hit by everyone!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412167119.949733.jpg

Been working on the exhaust good a bit too, I just need to add a nice support for the pipe as it's just wire right now. Also going to add a nice flange where the pipe goes through the wall. For the hood im going to use a 20" stainless bowl.

Right now I have a Falconer's Flight Imperial Ale in the conical, just added 4oz dry hops yesterday, can't wait for this one.

Looks great! I am jealous! Wish I had the room to do something like this!

Where did you get the vinyl to cover your keezer?

Ya im lucky my wife let me build in a portion of our basement! She doesn't even drink beer really but I'm fine with that... More for me ;)

Yeah that's awesome man I like it. I wanna do something very similar.

What's the sizes of all your vessels? If you don't mind sharing.

Thank you, I love it myself. My tanks are all 20gal units from Stout Tanks, the only thing I wish I got them to do would be to add the temp probe ports at the back instead of the front, other then that it works really well. I get 90% efficiency.

Damn you do half barrel in 20 gallon vessels? How much pre boil wort is that?

Dang lol. Do you come close to boiling over ever? Also how much wort is left in the kettle after draining? Not having a dip tube seems weird to me.

Sorry for all the questions but I was considering those exact tanks in those exact sizes. I wasn't incorrect in assuming those were stout vessels was I?

Yes i need to be careful of the boil over, my panel has a dial to control the element heat and i just work that a little until im out of the danger zone, full steam ahead after that. I also turn it down a bit during hop additions so it doesn't go over. Dont need a dip tube, it has a concave bottom and side outlet, after the whirlpool i let it sit for a bit and everything settles out to the bottom and takes up that space, not much wort is left.... Nothing you want in the fermenter anyway lol. Yes they are Stout Tanks. If you search barleycity (one word) on Facebook you will see my page where I have some short vids of my boils, along with other stuff. :mug:

Back