some thoughts on brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheephrdr

Reaction score
I havent posted or visited in a while because my brewing has been lacking lately however, I have been sampling some of my brews which I have kept for a few months and they are fantastic, I want to start doing longer bottle conditioning from now on. also I have been useing more glass bottles, both capped and flip top, and noticed that especialy with longer bottle conditioning they are much better than plastic bottles, I know this has been debated for a long time but thats just what I have found.

Yes, long-term (4-6 months or longer) ageing in the bottles makes a world of difference. I usually get 2-2.5 slabs (cases) of 375mL/330mL bottles from one batch, and I try to put one slab away for an absolute minimum of three months before I start drinking it.

My last batch (Common Swill) was designed specifically to be ready to drink as soon as possible (simple recipe, low gravity etc.), so I can drink it while I let some of my better/more complex beers age and age (and age some more).
:mug:

Back