Beer is getting better!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
My Fat Tire Clone is steadily improving with tie in the bottle. Had one at 5 days, another at 14 and had one Tuesday at around 21 days. Really noticeable difference and I really like it! Plan on drinking quite a few when I go home next week to brew (Alaskan Amber Clone and a Blonde Ale). Loving this hobby.

PS--My Nut Brown that was my first brew (been bottled almost two months) is still pretty poor....Maye it will get better!

PS--My Nut Brown that was my first brew (been bottled almost two months) is still pretty poor....Maye it will get better!

Probably not - HEY - tuff love. None of this keeping the dream alive. The only time I have had a beer go from poor to good is when there is an outstanding flavor problem that diminishes. Otherwise a beer that is poor just because it's plain, boring, lifeless will stay that way.

As for the Fat Tire - Yea - my Fat Tire clones (and then the constant tweaking with more Biscuit malt) always seems to get better until . . .IT'S GONE!

I've held onto bottles of ambers for 6 months and they seem to go down hill with age. Darker beers continue to improve.

Congrats - but get this. Your beer making skills will keep getting better and better and in 10 batches you can make that Fat Tire clone again and say to yourself, "that Fat Tire Clone I had in batch #2 was so simple compared to THIS Fat Tire clone".

Fat Tire is always a winner in my book. So far its my only brew that I plan to make more than once.

Well, that and more (and more) IPAs...
And Choco Stouts...
And Brown Ales...

But yes, the Fat Tire was a definite winner in my kegerator.

Probably not - HEY - tuff love. None of this keeping the dream alive. The only time I have had a beer go from poor to good is when there is an outstanding flavor problem that diminishes. Otherwise a beer that is poor just because it's plain, boring, lifeless will stay that way.

Yeh but I got almost two cases and I aint throwing beer out unless they are seriously infected. Just will drink them after I have a buzz and flavor loses its importance!

My first brew was some pale ale in a MR BEER. It sucked so bad I socked it away.

It was fantastic after a few months.

I have had ALL of my brews improve with time. The longest storage being 18 months or so.

My friend requested that I try a Fat Tire clone once I get through the other two recipes I have in my "to make" queue. Any opinions on a good recipe to start with?

I'm new and a Fat Tire clone was my third AG batch. It turned out the best of the three and was quickly consumed. I just did a Stone clone was well that will have been bottled three weeks this coming weekend. I put a few of these in the fridge for early testing this evening.

Back