Ginger Peach Wheat Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fauxtoe

Reaction score
I plan on adding raw ginger - sliced, and chopped skinned peaches to the secondary of a wheat beer. Any suggestions of the amounts? It's a small portion of a larger brew so I'll just be adding it to 1 gallon.

I'm thinking 1lb of peaches, and 2 oz of ginger?

I'll update as to what I ended up doing based on some similar threads and a message or two I sent.

Ended up blending 1lb of frozen peaches after thawing them. Added that to the secondary. I also finely cut a little over 1/2 ounce of fresh ginger to let soak in vodka for the next week which will be added in the last week of the secondary. I'll follow up in 2-4 weeks with results.

Added a unique flavor but I don't think the ginger was noticeable and the peaches ended up adding more of a bitter flavor.

Its hard to add Peach flavering becasue its so light to begin with. I was goign to do a Peach Wit Beer but I backed out of it becasue I would have not have yelded as much beer out of the amount of peaches I would have had to put in.

Back