Better Bottle racking adapter and bottling wand question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhochman

Reaction score
I have to do a quick bottling job of my Pale Ale (want to get it off dry hop and have to get to the airport). I bought Muntons carb tabs to drop in the bottle once the beer is in the bottle. I've never racked from my ported better bottle before. It seems that the bottling want that came with my starter kit fits pretty well into the racking adapter of the better bottle. Can anyone confirm that they've used their fermtech bottling wand directly in the racking adapter.

I think it would work pretty much like Revvy's bottling set up. If I bottle this way I think I'll be able to avoid using the bottling bucket and will avoid a transfer.

Thanks peeps.

Muntons directs 3, 4, or 5 tabs depending on the desired level of carb. I plan to use 4 (American Pale Ale).

Mine fits fine with a little bit of hose. I did this one time, and the racking adapter + bottling wand combo worked great. The Muntons carb drops, however, were another story...

MalFet said:
Mine fits fine with a little bit of hose. I did this one time, and the racking adapter + bottling wand combo worked great. The Muntons carb drops, however, were another story...

I'm aware of the problems some have had with the drops. I'm hoping muntons has fixed the formula to help me in this pinch. My tubing doesn't fit on or in the racking adapter, so it literally will be the wand stuck into the adapter. It seems to fit, but I'm worried about leaking around the edges.

Sent from my iPad using HB Talk

I'm aware of the problems some have had with the drops. I'm hoping muntons has fixed the formula to help me in this pinch. My tubing doesn't fit on or in the racking adapter, so it literally will be the wand stuck into the adapter. It seems to fit, but I'm worried about leaking around the edges.

Run some water through there first, I suppose, to make sure you don't get beer all over your floor. I used tubing, but if the wand fits you might be able to get a good seal from it.

Just wanted to return to this thread to let anyone know that this worked perfectly. The bottling wand stuck perfectly into the racking dispenser. The flow was not quite as strong as I'm used to, but it was pretty close. I was very pleased not sure how I'd do this without using curb tabs and with using traditional priming sugar, though.

Back