You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your wife asks you to make some gravy for breakfast and some how you start making a starter instead and you dont even realize it till she comes in and asks what kind of f... gravy is like that.

Lmao! I got up to make my starter this am!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You know you're a homebrewer when everytime you drink the beer you make,this happens:

image.jpg

When a buddy offers to pay for half a batch of a coors light clone...and you still brew a Belgian IPA because you can't stand having crappy swill in your kegs.

Sent from my iPhone

When a buddy offers to pay for half a batch of a coors light clone...and you still brew a Belgian IPA because you can't stand having crappy swill in your kegs.

Sent from my iPhone

do the cream of three crops... It'll appeal to him as a BMC drinker, but it's actually good. Make him pay for the whole batch since it'll be like $10

I'm going to try to get it down even more by using grits vs flaked corn (that stuff is what cost the most) I also used regular rice and just boiled it before I put it into the mash.

do the cream of three crops... It'll appeal to him as a BMC drinker, but it's actually good. Make him pay for the whole batch since it'll be like $10

I'm going to try to get it down even more by using grits vs flaked corn (that stuff is what cost the most) I also used regular rice and just boiled it before I put it into the mash.

Oh I've brewed that for him. And he likes it but I brew a California common style that kinda tastes like coors light that he loves and always wants me to have on tap but it's just boring to me unless I want to get fall down drunk.

Sent from my iPhone

You tell your friends that "you're looking at infections" when browsing the Pellicle Photo Collection thread in the Lambic & Wild forum.

On the way to the restroom, you know you need to open the valve on the racking arm but you wonder if you need to dump the trub as long as you are there.

When you bottle your dry hopped IPA and after you get all the whole hops out of the carboy you turn on the garbage disposal and after a minute it clogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

When you're a few blocks away from the massive Miller Brewery and think "something smells like the kitchen when I make a starter."

When you go to the local home improvement store and know more about tubing, copper piping and inner diameter is versus outer diameters then the guy with the apron!

When you go to the local home improvement store and know more about tubing, copper piping and inner diameter is versus outer diameters then the guy with the apron!

I've done that,man! It's kinda funny when you think about it. Kinda reminds me of Bill Cosby's bit about the kid at the candy counter.:mug:

When did you score all of the pieces needed for an 20 foot immersion chiller at the home improvement store for 28$ and feel like you stole it from them!

When you're pouring water from a pitcher (I know. Obscure item to be pouring. Water.) and your friends call you out as being experienced at pouring based on the anti-dregs style.

When the brew cave is open and all the neighbors come over for free beer.
I've been offered cash for a 12'er so many times. Unfortunately that's a no no. Not goin there ever.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I've been offered cash for a 12'er so many times. Unfortunately that's a no no. Not goin there ever.

I've never sold beer, but the friends who get offered the most beer are the ones who have asked how much it costs to make a batch, and then at some point handed me $20-$40 to help fund the hobby that they enjoy so much.

When you go to the local flea market and hope to stumble across anything homebrew related, no luck today hoping to hit the mother load one of these days, I can dream right

When you go to the local flea market and hope to stumble across anything homebrew related, no luck today hoping to hit the mother load one of these days, I can dream right

I do the same thing, found a 3 gallon carboy for my mead about a month ago!:D

Granted, the initial investment is a chunk of change, but you can make the cost per brew cheaper. My question is how do you "do it right". I can not seem to get them under $50.

Granted, the initial investment is a chunk of change, but you can make the cost per brew cheaper. My question is how do you "do it right". I can not seem to get them under $50.

My cheapest so far was the Caramel Amber I got from the recipe database here. $18. As long as I don't figure my wages, I can beat anything at the liquor store.

Back