You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used to live in salem amd would have gladly made the treck lol, live in Houston TX now

I was just out there (well Keizer) two days ago picking up some corny kegs for $10/ea, so it was totally worth the drive!

I just need to get some of this transferred to 3 gal kegs and get the portable kegerator ready. We got the 4th coming and a camping trip with several big drinkers in 2 weeks. I just tapped my grapefruit wheat, so I'll put the centennial on tap. Even though you can't make the party, it shall not go to waste!

When you go to the beach and you're checking out coolers to see how they would work for mashing instead of checking out bikinis. OK - maybe there are a few bikinis you notice.

When the vinator is out and you start see what other brewing items it can sanitize.
The large tube for the auto siphon and various sizes of vinal tubing are no issues as long as the auto siphon valve shuts properly. Glad my hand was there...

I was drinking with a buddy tonight, and we were having a black IPA that had some very strong coffee notes. We knew that it didn't have actual coffee in it.

He asked me "What kind of malt can they use that gives it such a strong coffee flavor?"

I surprised myself when I said "Chocolate malt!" Hanging around these forums really does help!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

When your 13 yo daughter tells her Mom to tell me that North Dakota has the highest beer drinking state and Mom's response is "not since Daddy started brewing beer".

When you think the episode of Futurama where Bender brews beer inside of him and delivers 5 gallons of ale is just about the greatest thing you've ever seen.

When you think the episode of Futurama where Bender brews beer inside of him and delivers 5 gallons of ale is just about the greatest thing you've ever seen.

"What are you going to name it?"

"Benderbrau if it's an ale. Botwiser if it's a lager."

"I hope it's a lager so I can take it to a baseball game."

"Hush little baby don't you leak,
Daddy wants to drink for at least a week"

You're listening to a story on NPR about the artist Paul Cezanne and all you can think about is Farmhouse ales.

When a department manager checks in for alcohol detox and the operation manager comes asking me to be a sponsor because the department is under my jurisdiction, and you have to explain that you currently have about 20 gallons of beer in your basement and don't believe that the recovery could be properly facilitated under my supervision.
What am I gonna do, invite them over for dinner with the kegerator looming large in the background?
I hope and pray for whatever peace n resolution they are seeking

When the plastic wrap with raw chicken juice touches the top of your pint glass while u are slicing away and u don't miss a beat. Spay starsan from the top shelf all over and drink and slice away. Not sure if it is made for that or if it will work but I believed it would so mind over salmonella I hope

I'm not sure if my the flavors in my beer are off or complex 😳

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405132111.687520.jpg
You see this and wonder how their product is and if you can get a sample

When you spend all weekend soldering mini-xlr connectors inline so you can make the end of brew day easier on clean up. But really it's because you can't spend any of your down time not f'n with beer stuff!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405134299.855757.jpg

Haha. Hell ya I can turn it off. Most of the time it turns itself off when it trips the circuit breaker. I told my wife it fell off the back of a truck.

Our local homebrew club has little "shootouts" now and then, basically mini-competitions. They specify a criteria, you have a couple of months to get a beer ready, and then we all get together and do a blind taste-test and a winner is decided.

The most recent one we did was a Rye shootout. You could brew anything you wanted, as long as it had at least 20% rye in the grain bill. The tasting was last night, there were 12 entries, and about 15 people showed up to judge/vote/whatever. We made an evening of it, and the host served perogies, chili, buckwheat, and of course homebrew.

Anyway, they also gave us glasses of water with which we (the tasters/judges) could cleanse our palettes.

The first time I picked up my water glass, without even thinking, I first gave it a good, deep sniff.

You prefer to make an Americano vs. black coffee because you can actually get a decent head on your cup of joe that way.

When this is the set up for your 3 and 6 year olds joint birthday party. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405285249.409696.jpg

I'm not sure if my the flavors in my beer are off or complex 😳

When you pack the coffee filter in the Keurig and get a large cup and small cup out of it, then start thinking about an RIS followed by a regular stout, partigyle style for your next all grain session!

When people ask you to haul off their old appliances. "You taking that for scrap?" Me: "Scrap?" This is my new -insert name of brewery gadget-

When you check UPS every hour on the hour for your brewing order. My Cereal Killer grain mill is on its way finally, should be here thursday. Anyone have any experience with these?

When you take a "Coors" t-shirt that was sent to you by Peter Coors and cut it up for brew day cleaning.

Back