Advice.....anybody??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rilo0407

Reaction score
I'm on the 17th day in the primary on a batch of weizenbeir from a kit. The OG was around 1.050. I posted another thread about how slow the yeast got started and got some good replies but now I have some different concerns. A week ago the gravity was 1.030. Today the gravity was 1.018. I know the yeast is doing its job. The airlock is bubbling once every 12-15 seconds and there is still sediment rotating around in the carboy. The temp is 64-65. Honestly the beer does not taste very good and is very heavy on the tongue. I plan to leave it in the primary another 2 weeks before bottling. Should I try and raise the temp? There is already an estery odor to the beer.

Say more about "doesn't taste very good". It's not supposed to taste good yet, as it's still pretty darn immature. If there's a particular off flavor we might be able to say more interesting things, but I think you just need to give it time. The heavy on the tongue is no surprise, as it's not carbonated.

I see you've already started another batch, which is the best advice anyone can give you.

I would think you shouldn't have to worry. Time and conditioning can really change the brew. As does carbonation.

B

Back