Putting CO2 external to the keezer with q/d?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJOCONNELL

Reaction score
Looking for install ideas to get the tank out of the Keezer. Have a 3 tap setup with a collar that is insulted around the edge but at two spot there is a hole in the insultation that goes up to the wood so I can tap through the collar.

What disconnects are favored for this type of setup for CO2?

Would like to do a 90 elbow to the exterior so I can tightly run the gas line to the tank and hide it.

Run like a 2 inch male thread on both ends and have rubber washers on each side with a metal washer on top? Is that the ticket?

Going to poke around the site using the search function.

Never seen this done before but I would grab a section of 1/4" NPT pipe and (2) NPT to MFL adapters then thread the hoses into each side.

For CO2 disconnects, I would look for medical oxygen disconnects. They seal better than air-tool quick connects and I think they might be rated for higher pressure. They were a lot more expensive when I was considering it.

If you don't need quick disconnects, you could just run a hose from the primary tank regulator through the collar, to your distribution block or secondary regulators inside the freezer. That's what I ended up doing. You can feed the hose through a grommet for an airtight seal.

Back