Jet Burner efficiency

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoSeR

Reaction score
So I have a friend who brews alot and also happens to cook up some awesome crawfish and has a jet burner setup for boiling his 20gal crawfish pot.

One day while brewing and not being able to get a good boil on a cool day and a slight wind we hooked up the jet burner, it has alot of btu's. Nice boil:rockin:
No scorching as long as you don't crank it all the way and even then its not what I would call scorching.

So he started weighing his propane tanks when he used the jet cooker in the pic vs. the common style of turkey fryer burner setup in the other pic.
The jet cooker uses about half the propane as the turkey fryer and has alot of extra power when you need it. It holds a nice boil at a very low flame.
I am now using the same setup and it works awesome. It will boil 10gal in a hurry.

I cut my propane bill in half and solved all of my boil problems, all I had to do was buy a $30 jet cooker from Academy
Now I need to get another one for my HLT

Has anyone else used these burners or any similar experience.

jK.jpg

tf.jpg

Latest posts

Back