Happy Friday, HBTers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's Friday morning, had a pleasant train ride in, sitting in a coffee shop enjoying a french roast waiting for a meeting that starts in a few minutes. Just struck by what a pleasant morning it is. This evening we're splitting our time/selves between a benefit to help with medical expenses for a friend of a friends with cancer and my youngest's first wrestling meet (intra-squad) of the season.

What's up with you this Friday?

Cold, dark, drizzling outside. Eggs over easy, a toasted french roll and mud. Just a matter of time before the greys finish sleeping off breakfast and start demanding a walk.

I'd call it good.

Called out to the datacenter because supposedly a whole bunch of crap "fell over".

I came in expecting to see carnage and broken equipment..

It was a box of old cables, on its side.

So now I'm going to sit out here the rest of the day and slack off... I kind of want to just go home and brew. We'll see...

Brought in some of my homebrew for work today. Fridays are generally lighter loads, so I haven't even started looking at work yet. Looking forward to this week being over- it's been a long one.

Doing some work at the home office this morning. (This entails sitting on the couch with my laptop, writing a couple quotes and surfing HBT)

Kegging an ESB this afternoon followed by a little work on a mobile set up for next week's camp out.

Might wander down to the local watering hole later in the afternoon.

Lovely sunny day here. Slow day at work. Gonna go grab a bite here shortly and then going out to a brewpub with a buddy of mine for his B-day tonight. Good day!

Trying to get out a bit early today. I want to hit the LHBS and pick up a few things so I can brew this weekend. Otherwise thinking about a Pale Ale I have on tap ... oh and I'm working ;)

Tweaking recipes, trying to decide what to brew tomorrow (looks like a two-batch day!), and getting some reference materials together for my brewing 101 students. A pretty good day for a Friday!

Quiet day in the office.

Met some deadlines for articles and ads early, so I took advantage and brewed a SEBA.

:D

Went to my son's Thanksgiving feast for lunch. Breaking out of work in a few hours to do a mini mash that'll sour overnight for tomorrow's sour SWMBO Slayer brew session.

This morn I looked at my stir plate with a 1500 Ml starter of WLP 400. The krausen is damnnear to the neck of the 2000 Ml flask. That's one angry yeast.

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head... or something close to that. Then I went out at 8:30 to swap out my (empty) CO2 tank; got the new one hooked up, put my Christmas beer on to carbonate. Then I went to fill the car with gas and went to work and have proceeded to web surf the entire AM.

Didn't get up until 10. Took a shower. Checked the pressure levels in the beers I kegged last night. Purged, and turned them down.

Walked outside to a beautiful morning and a package from BMW already on my doorstep. Cleaned the kitchen then took out the trash.

Came into work. Cultured and froze some yeast. Did some dishes here.

Placed an order from Rebel Brewer.

Listening to Lunch Meet on TBN now.

Gonna leave at 3 to go pick up my order from RB. (I love it when my boss is out of town).

Then go to second job.

Then come home and drink some beers.

Back