Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzamba

Reaction score
I went to my local beer store the day before yesterday and I found Young's in a can complete with a widget! It really helped make my new years special. They also had Mother's Milk, this is a great treat too. I've only had them on draft before.

I had Young's Double Chocolate Stout for the first time on Saturday, it was amazing! Good find, I'll have to see if the distributer can get it.

I'm seeing this in more and more specialty beer shops - which makes me think they're expanding their distribution, at least through PA and OH. Ten years ago I could only find it in one bar in Cleveland (Edison's Pub in Tremont), but there's a wine shop with an awesome beer selection (~200 brews, rotating stock depending on what he can get) about a mile down the street from me, and they seem to have the Young's Double Chocolate Stout year round anymore. Used to be a very common "dessert" for me to finish off a night of drinking with.

Don't let them sit in the fridge too long. I find that it's one beer that really can't handle sitting around past the expiration date.

I just had one on the 1st! Got some good beer stores here in AZ! Yeah, this beer was ok...could have been a bit fuller feeling...felt a little thin and not as much chocolate as I was expecting but still good! SWMBO got me a desk calendar of 365 beers (one each day) and that started the year out!:rockin:

A bottle of Young's DC Stout is really not the best way to enjoy it. Have a nitro draught. A widget can will do in a pinch. The creamy pour really helps the body and accentuates the sweet flavors.

Yea, the can is better, but often I will get the bottled, if only to save the bottle for reuse.
I had a Chocolate Stout Float at the FLying Saucer once. 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream in a large pilsener glass, filled up with youngs. I liked it, although I felt embarassed having ordered it.

Back