Raw Materials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerloin

Reaction score
Hey Everyone..

I am wondering where you all get your raw material supplies.

I am looking for quality online sites....

Please post and let me know your experiences!!!

(I am currently an extract brewer but hope to transition to all grain soon)

Cheers!
:mug:
Beerloin

I get 90% of everthing from my LHBS, but anything else I get from either midwest homebrewer, or from amazon.com. Decent prices, great slection, and easy to work with. The only trouble i ever had was with the shipping company directly, and they cant help it if fed-ex or the post office dosent know their balls from their brains

Morebeer.com and their free shipping for the usual stuff.

AustinHomebrew.com, BrewmastersWarehouse.com, and NorthernBrewer.com for the rest.

I go to my LHBS for all my grains, yeast, other adjuncts, and about 1/2 of my hops. Buying hops in bulk online is a great deal compared to LHBS, but for me at least, I wont use a ton in a year anyway. I buy a pound online or around that of Cascade for general purpose bittering/aroma needs, and another pound of Saaz for my future lagers. Anything else is going to come and go depending on what style/recipe I go for.

I couldn't imagine ordering bags of grain online...the prices might be right, but the shipping usually turns me off.

I get everything from one of two places:

1)Hops, Yeasts, priming sugar, etc. - My LHBS. They have a great selection and competitve pricing.

2) Grains, crazy stuff I cant find locally - Austin Homebrew Supply

also look into brewmasterswarehouse.com and austinhomebrew.com two very good sites with a one price shipping.

For the record, one price shipping generally is a BAD thing if you're buying base malt. They build it into the price of the malt, to you never get any sort of shipping discount.

IE, if a bag of malt costs $40, and its $30 to ship it, and VendorX has $5 shipping, they sell the malt for $65.

The problem is, if you buy 3 bags of malt, it may only cost $45 to ship. But you're still paying $30 to ship each bag with the fixed price vendor.

IE,
3 @ $65 +$5 shipping = $200

vs

3 @ $40 + $45 shipping = $165

Back