Sanguino / DS18B20 wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewJeff

Reaction score
Admittedly I'm brand new to the Sanguino, but I was able to get the darn thing put together, so I *should* be able to hook a few wires together.

Is there anyone that would be able to provide a picture, or point me in the right direction, for how a DS18b20 sensor should be wired? I'm using:

- Sanguino on the wulfden breakout board
- USB interface for power...
- Breadboard for the connections.

I've tried several variants of code, and I either get "No Devices Found" or CRC is invalid. Others have stated the code works, so I'm suspect of my wiring. Any pictures would help greatly, and would be appreciated. Thanks!

:mug:

Make sure you have the 4K7 pull-up resistor on the data line. I don't have a photo, but if you're using parasite power, you'll tie the two outer leads together and ground them. The center lead goes to the pin on the Sanguino you're reading. You also need a 4K7 resistor from +5V to the same pin or center lead.

Check out this group. They're working on open source code using Sanguino and DS18B20 sensors. HomeBrewTalk Groups - Open Source Mash Computer

Ok, I finally got it. :rockin:

I didn't really have a good understanding what the pullup resistor was for, but once that became a little clearer, I was able to figure out with your description.

Thanks!

Oh, and I had stumbled across the Open Source Mash Computer group a little while ago. About 2 days later I had ordered a Sanguino. :)

Back