What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what (s)he said?
ha

Zing!

Onto my oatmeal porter.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405986948.577622.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Water

Anybody have recommendations for beer bars/bottle shops in DC? Will be spending a couple nights there.

Depending on where you are staying, lots of choices. Meridian Pint is good bar with nice local selections, DC Beau is a local brewery that is great.
If you can get out of downtown, Mad Fox in falls church is a personal favourite (Relatively mass transit + short cab). PM me for more suggestions.

A Bordeaux I grabbed at Trader Joe's yesterday. For $8 and my completely uneducated palate when it comes to wine, this is quite tasty.

And unpacking some new Cubitainers and spigots I'll be using as Polypins to start pouring all my English beers on cask. 10x 1 gallon for now, and if they work as well as I hope, I'll probably be adding a bunch more. I'll be racking over my Pale Mild tomorrow night as an inaugural run.

Let me know how that works. I have a couple of small kegs, but 1 gallon seems more convenient.

Back from the swim meet, a pint of English brown. Not sure if it is a DIPA or apfelwein night.

Depending on where you are staying, lots of choices. Meridian Pint is good bar with nice local selections, DC Beau is a local brewery that is great.
If you can get out of downtown, Mad Fox in falls church is a personal favourite (Relatively mass transit + short cab). PM me for more suggestions.

Let me know how that works. I have a couple of small kegs, but 1 gallon seems more convenient.

Back from the swim meet, a pint of English brown. Not sure if it is a DIPA or apfelwein night.

Has DC Brau reopened yet? I think they shut down recently for remodeling/ expansion

Seconded for Mad Fox. The food is fairly hit or miss in my opinion, but the beer is absolutely fantastic. They're supposed to be opening a tap room or something similar, I believe in Cleveland Park in DC, although I don't know the progress. But especially if you like English beer, they make some fantastic cask ale, to the point where the folks from the British Embassy come in regularly for a pint (at least according to their brewmaster). They also make an award winning Kölsch, as well as some hop forward stuff that people love, plus a wide variety of everything.

DC Brau is good, but not my normal thing. Port City is good too. Plus there's a bunch of small guys that have opened around the area, both in town and out in the burbs.

Unless you want cask levels of carbonation, not sure how well it would work. The things will surely burst if you carb them too high. But I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, drinking Port City Derecho Common.

Hibiscus Saison in the dark.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405992995.768691.jpg
I've been intoxicated for most of the last 3 days. I need a break from alcohol for a day. Maybe tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I was drinking this but it went too fast to take a picture of it full 🍻I actually mixed my IPA and a widmere citra blonde in this one it was tasty!

Unless you want cask levels of carbonation, not sure how well it would work. The things will surely burst if you carb them too high. But I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, drinking Port City Derecho Common.

Thanks. I was thinking of using it on my beer engine. Not sure the vacuum venting though.

Water, coffee, gym.

Dropped SWMBO at the airport at 5 a.m. About to start waking the surly 12 year old daughter. Neither one of us are "morning people" and getting her out the door by 7:00 is next to impossible. Two cups of coffee since 4:15. About to have another. Once the 10 year old boy...slightly less grumpy in the morning...gets on the bus at about 8:10, I'm going to take about a 2 hour nap!!!

Back