HELP! I'm totally new to kegging!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirstyHobbit

Reaction score
Hello!
I am completely new to kegging, and want to start. I'm very overwhelmed at the amount of gear needed. I do know however that I want to have a "Draft Box" system for the time being before I get a fridge that I can convert. Can someone maybe lay out what I'm going to need equipment wise to get started? I guess I'm most confused about all the hoses and gauges and taps and stuff. I'm not looking for anything too fancy yet!
Thanks! This is the best forum ever!!!!

Matt in Saratoga

I would recommend using the links above, but then going on craigs list/ebay etc. using the lists from the other companies as a starter. You will not be able to get it all on ebay/cl but it is a good start.

+1 to Enderwig's comments. I purchased mine from Keg Connection, and was happy.

BEWARE: It's a bit addicting... I am now at 7 kegs!

I picked up some things via Craigslist and then finished off by choosing a basic two keg system form keg connection and just had them back out the items i already had.

All in all....the kit from Keg connetcion was relatively reasonable and I probably didn't save all that much $ by pickin up some items elsewhere.

It's alwasy good to search for the deals on ebay/CL becasue you can sometimes stumble over a carzy deal here and there but picking up the basic kits are a fair value.

The CL benefit is finding local items....it's really the shipping that kills you

Back