What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gallons of a Back Forty Truck Stop Honey clone, which is going to have too low an OG (1.053 instead of 1.058) and too dark, but I have a feeling it's going to be delicious regardless...and I'm pretty sure that's all that matters.

Got nothing in my fermenters...sad. But I have 5 full kegs ready to rock here in about a week. I think I'll brew a helles over 4th of July weekend, get another generation of a lager yeast I have going.

6 gallons of Old ale, and 5 of the wife's pumpkin ale. ( little late on this one.)
both going into 2ndary sunday ... :beard:

Mysteriously more beer than I brewed...now ask me how much sanitized water is left in the blowoff container.

Nothing atm, all bottled & conditioning. When retiree pay day comes, I'm gonna order the stuff for my next go at #1 Burton strong ale. Maybe a saison in the other FV?

I have not played in awhile.

Sour red
Another Sour.
Rye Saions with brett
Saison wih brett
IPA, Columbus, chinook Centennial.
Hop Hands. clone.

I was thinking of adding some acidulated malt to my saison this time. It gave a very interesting aroma/flavor quality to my kottbusser, as described by barley_bob in that thread. Seems to me like it'd fit right in in a saison?

I was thinking of adding some acidulated malt to my saison this time. It gave a very interesting aroma/flavor quality to my kottbusser, as described by barley_bob in that thread. Seems to me like it'd fit right in in a saison?

It is a good adition. I usually add some to most of my brews to get the mash pH where it should be. A little is a nice addition to a saison.

A bastardized version of Bells 2 Hearted:

Amt Name Type # %/IBU
12 lbs Rahr Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 92.3 %
8.0 oz Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 2 3.8 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 3 3.8 %
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 4 18.1 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 45.0 min Hop 5 16.6 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 6 13.9 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 7 9.0 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 8 3.6 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 9 0.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg Safale American (#US-05) [1800 ml starter]
0.50 oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Dry Hop 5.0 Days Hop 11 0.0 IBUs

An Oktoberfest (MAD Wedtoberfest 3.0) and a Strawberry Weiss (MAD Strawberry NieuwenWeiss).

Is your Oktoberfest actually for October? I was thinking about brewing one in Early July and layering it until October. Is that to long? Will be my first Oktoberfest and third Lager.

PS... Oops the quoted post was three years old.

• 5 gal Brett C Wild Bitter
  • 5 gal Brett C Port Oak Old Ale
  • 5.5 gal Chardonnay Oak Lamebic
  • 3 gal Spontaneously Fermented Wild Cider
  • 5.5 gal Cabernet Oak Flanders Red
  • 10 gal Flanders Pale
  • 10 gal Oud Bruin
  • 5.5 gal Session Kriek
  • 5.5 gal Imperial IPA
  • 5 gal Wee Heavy (partigyle)
  • 5 gal Scottish Export/80 Shilling (partigyle)

• 5 gal Brett C Wild Bitter
  • 5 gal Brett C Port Oak Old Ale
  • 5.5 gal Chardonnay Oak Lamebic
  • 3 gal Spontaneously Fermented Wild Cider
  • 5.5 gal Cabernet Oak Flanders Red
  • 10 gal Flanders Pale
  • 10 gal Oud Bruin
  • 5.5 gal Session Kriek
  • 5.5 gal Imperial IPA
  • 5 gal Wee Heavy (partigyle)
  • 5 gal Scottish Export/80 Shilling (partigyle)

65 gallons? damn, now you're just showing off.

I threw together a 5 gallon batch with mostly pilsner, 1lb of vienna, and 4oz of Special B (with a little Saaz here and there). Ready to keg this weekend. We'll see.

This has been on the gas for over a week and it has become a great beer. It's a pilsner with some extra body and maltiness. This will be popular around here this summer.

5G Strawberry Rhubarb Wine
5G Strawberry Watermelon Wine
2G American Light Ale from MrBeer kit
1G Cherry Mead
1G Honey Chai
I'm dying a little iniside because I don't have a real beer on hand right now. Wine is for the wife and beerKit was a friends who was going to throw it out.
All out of carboy space :'(

5 gallons Gumballhead Hoppy Wheat
5 gallons Russian Imperial Stout
5 gallons Requiem Raspberry
5 gallons black imperial IPA

About 2gallons less than yesterday the freaking blow off plugged and it built up some serious pressure.:mad:

Blonde/Pale Ale with 2 oz each of Summer and Rakau, brewed yesterday morning. Using Notty and my 30L Speidel for the first time, and saw first airlock activity 27 hours post-pitch. I'd never had to wait that long to at least see something (glass carboy helps), so I was a little uneasy today!

Young's Double Chocolate Stout version (more lactose, less IBU's) of BarleyWater's Dark Chocolate Stout recipe (about 23 litres).

This weekend I brewed up a all northern brewer hopped APA, a mulberry saison and a quick sour golden ale.

I have an all Cascade IPA in the secondary dry hopping and a Citra IPA in the fermentor chugging away. Might brew one more this upcoming weekend just to have the pipeline filled.

5 gallon corny of an all IPA work the exception of a1oz dry hop off Willamette just entering the cold crash in the program.

Back