Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey would you please post a link to that mini growler/spear fitting you're using. That looks like something I have been trying to play with for a while.

I got the keg and ball lock top from the weekend brewer store on ebay. Around $100. For the setup. I really like it.

Keeping four taps filled wasn't for me. Sold the four tapper and built this one. Sweet wife picked the color so I could put it in the kitchen!

image.jpeg

Well fast forward a few years from my post in this thread (#3800) and that one went out. After a struggle to keep an old used chest freezer alive, it bit the dust a while back. After months of work I finally built a new one.

I decide to try my hand at quilted maple veneer. Not very good with wood in general but I will post anyway. It works and all wire is integrated in to the new collar (1x6 over routed 2x6 all the way around) and this is what it looks like. Luckily I got a 25cf chest freezer new (good luck finding them with new government regulations) at the scratch and dent appliance place.

We painted the whole thing black because I really like the look of the black chest freezer keezers.

DSCF3582.JPG

Not quite ready for serving but close enough to share some pics. This was my first live test of the electrical work and things seem to be working as intended. No fires yet!

Nice work! That is a great looking piece. I see up to 7 spots for faucets (if I can count correctly). Seems like almost a perfect amount to have a good variety of beers without being overkill. You have plenty of kegged beers ready to go? Or all the time in your build may have eaten up brew time (and possibly brew budget). Anyway, great work. Looks superb.

Thanks! There will be 7 taps but there's room for 8 kegs. Thought it would be good to have an extra on deck. This project and a rough fall work schedule dropped my supply to just about zero. Good thing I'll have lots of time to brew over the next few months!

Hates you?! And you still buy her beer? You're a bigger man than I my friend.

I never said I buy it .Some how I always end up with Coors light and bud Light in my fridge from people bringing them over and they drink my beer instead.

Here's mine, got a chalkboard painted freezer door for the regular rotation of suds. With room for two more taps that I'll add as funds become available.

20161106_203347.jpg

Just finished mine after an inordinate amount of time - enough that I won't admit to the actual time invested. It was the first time I'd ever made anything out of wood - so it was a steep learning curve. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the great ideas!

thumb2_keezer-67757.jpg

That is nice!

Some tap handles I've accumulated:

1. A brass Pakistani perfume bottled purchased in an antique shop in Kotor, Montenegro for 5 Euro.
  2. A brass bottle opener in the shape of a curtain sash knot bought in Venice for 12 Euro.
  3. An old beer barrel tap bought in an antique shop in Stratford upon Avon for 3 GBP.
  4. One of a pair of porcelain tap handles also from Stratford upon Avon (9 GBP for the pair).
  5. A big beer engine style pull bought in Fayetteville, AR for $6.
Shopping for souvenirs on our recent vacation was all about finding things that could be turned into great tap handles. I also got some Murano glass parts that ended up being too small for the purpose as well as an awesome olive wood lemon reamer from Rhodes. Unfortunately for me, the wife wants to actually use that for its intended purpose..... The search will continue!

20161106_110305.jpg

Just finished mine after an inordinate amount of time - enough that I won't admit to the actual time invested. It was the first time I'd ever made anything out of wood - so it was a steep learning curve. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the great ideas!

thumb2_keezer-67757.jpg

Pretty cool how you incorporated a world map for the keezer top. Very classy looking!! :thumbs up:

That Danby is like all other standard mini fridges with a compressor hump inside that wont allow for kegs like a true kegerator fridge does. Preeeetttty sure at least.

Self built drip tray and framing. 1/8" aluminum diamond plate. 4 taps. 6 corny kegs. Hoses suspended in a net above kegs. Hops and deer meat in lower fridge. Best fridge EVER!

image.jpg

Haven't posted a pic since I switched from picnic taps. Fits a 5 gal and 2.5 gal keg and co2 tank. Plus extra room for bottles. All i had to modify was the sides with a utility knife and hvac tape. Made a 3d model of Ohio and 3d printed it and painted with chalkboard paint to display whats on tap. It works ok but it sounded cooler in my head.

View attachment 1479448980438.jpg

View attachment 1479448988462.jpg

Back