Anyone use this keg lube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshinefield

Reaction score
I picked this up at the local HB shop. I joked and asked the guy behind the counter if this was a relabeled tube of Vaseline. He said no way this is good stuff. I opened it later and it is clear and looks and feels like Vaseline.

In the past I have used Vaseline on threads and rubber parts but have read it is bad to use....

image-46050244.jpg

Somewhere on the tube it probably says it meets H-1 guidelines. Why it is white and not clear? eh... not familiar with that product. Look for the H-1

Yup I use it......but it might be vaseline. BTW you can actually swallow vaseline, and not be harmed. The wifes an RN and it is common pratice to help Older patients having severe constipation issues, by having them swallow frozen vaseline balls coated in sugar. Aparently helps loosen things up.

Better than an enema anyway.

All I have ever used is vaseline, never had any problems, it is human grade. KY works too. ;)

Yes I use keg lube. When I bought my beer kit the 5gallon bucket didn't have a rube gasket to seal it so the fermentation process didn't really work so well. I talks to another brewer and they said try keg lube to seal it. It works great but makes a really big mess and is hard to clean off anything it touches. The reason you don't want to use Vaseline is because it will break down the rubber gaskets because of the petroleum in it. Hope this helps

All I have ever used is vaseline, never had any problems, it is human grade. KY works too. ;)

Not sure I would feel right using KY on my kegs:eek:

Plus you'd never have to explain to your friends that the funny aftertaste in your beer is just because you used the Warming Sensation Lube, since you were out of the regular one.

This is the stuff my LHBS sold me.

Oh and whoever said they wouldn't use ky, ky way is safe to eat, now you can even get it "flavored." When I used to help teach the sex ed curriculum at the med school; the course director pointed out that it was meant to be safe to be used even during oral sex. It was safe for hookers to "go down" on their johns when they were proficient enough to hide a condom in their mouths and slip it on them without the Johns realizing it.

(Man it's so funny when my worlds collide. :))

revvy said:
this is the stuff my lhbs sold me.

Oh and whoever said they wouldn't use ky, ky way is safe to eat, now you can even get it "flavored." when i used to help teach the sex ed curriculum at the med school; the course director pointed out that it was meant to be safe to be used even during oral sex. It was safe for hookers to "go down" on their johns when they were proficient enough to hide a condom in their mouths and slip it on them without the johns realizing it.

(man it's so funny when my worlds collide. :))

tmi

Back