New To The Forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgeW

Reaction score
I am a homebrewer from coastal Georgia and have been brewing for years. I joined the forum after my son, whom I introduced to brewing several years ago, told me about it. I really joined to find the answer to a question about a Cherry Porter. I have never brewed a fruit beer and have a Porter ready for the secondary and want to add cherry concentrate but no one seems to have any advise as to how much 4:1 concentrate to add or if it should be added to the secondary at all or if I should brew another batch and add it after the boil before cooling (long sentence).
At any rate, I am glad to be a part of the group and look forward to the experience.
Here's to ya'll,
georgeW

Well "Dubya", I don't have an answer for you on your Cherry Porter.
But Welcome to the Forum!

Be sure and let us know how that Porter turns out!
:mug:

Welcome, even though I don't like your name one bit,...but let's talk beer!!!;)

As for the fruit flavorings...I personally think they taste like soapy water. I do not recommend them. Others may, but I don't.

1 - 4 oz bottle lends a light flavor, 2 bottles (8 oz) is more intense. This may be overwhelming to some.

The trick is to make sure the fruit flavoring doesn't hijack your brews flavor. :D

Welcome. The closest I get to fruit and beer is a slice of lime with any Mexican beer. Post your question in the All Grain or Extract section and I'm sure someone will chime in.

Latest posts

Back