bargainfittings.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willatkinson

Reaction score
Do you know if they ever run specials or give out coupon codes? Trying to decide whether I should order, or just run up to Lowes.

Do you know if they ever run specials or give out coupon codes? Trying to decide whether I should order, or just run up to Lowes.

Depends what you are looking for. Keep in mind you will not find stainless steel fittings at big box stores, at least I have never found any.

I have ordered many times from Bargain Fittings and been very satisfied with products and service.

normal disclaimer, I don't gain from my testimonial.

I can usually only find brass fittings at Lowes or HD. If I do see a stainless steel fitting anywhere local it seems to be double the price of Bargain Fittings.

No coupons besides their normal prices. DO a quick google search for SS 1/2" SS pieces. Then look at bargain fittings. There's your coupon :p And like said, you won't find the SS you want at big box stores and very limited at hardware stores.

WOOT for BargainFittings.com Easy ordering, great price, fast shipping.
36042_445065609478_762254478_5110909_6964609_n.jpg

Ready to re-plumb my brewery now.

This question comes up a lot. "bargain" is right. You have found the place. Even the best stocked hardware stores and plumbing supply shops, if they have any of these parts, will not beat these prices.

I did the shopping for my conversion kit at Bargain Fittings, which took about a minute, rather than go around like so many guys who seem to hunt forever for a washer or a gasket. Price was right, all went together and works like a charm, and how much time would I have to have spent looking for those parts? I have no hesitation recommending BF.

Bargain Fittings' prices are hard to beat, but even more, their specialty inventory is great. You could spent weeks piecing together everything you need from local hardware stores and online sources, or just get everything at one place. The only place I've found that rivals Bargain Fittings' stainless part inventory is McMaster-Carr, and their prices are pretty high.

I often turn to Bargain Fittings when I need stainless parts. McMaster-Carr is a last resort, but it's sometimes the only resort when it comes to buying specialty parts in small quantities.

The only place I've found that rivals Bargain Fittings stainless part inventory is McMaster-Carr, and their prices are pretty high.

I live 15 minutes from McMaster's NJ Warehouse...AMAZING sight if you have never gotten to see it. It is enormous and super clean and organized.

In either case convience over price...hard decision!!
Plus I want to brew this afternoon and need a stainless bulkhead for my MLT.

I'm not sure if you guys are buying conversion kits for coolers -> mlts or for Sanke kegs to boil kettles, etc. - but I've recently been looking at bargainfittings.com because I just found a 10 gallon rubbermaid cooler this weekend.

If I wanted to get my fittings from bargainfittings rather than hunting through more local places, have I selected the correct items?

http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=147

Vessel type: standard 1.5" nipple
Fitting to secure bulkhead: SS 1/2" FNPT x 1/2" barb
Valve: brass ball valve
Barb: brass 1/2" npt x 1/2" hose barb

Total came to $21.75 ... am I doin it rite?

That should work for that cooler but be sure of the wall thickness at the hole area. There is a little less play in the soldered version of the fitting kit.

NEW WELDLESS BULKHEADS MEASUREMENTS:

KEG - UP TO 3/16" THICK

Cooler with 1.5" Nipple - 1/4" to (1/2" without shim washers)

Cooler with 2.0" Nipple - 5/8 to 1" thick

Cooler with 2.5" Nipple - 1 1/8" to 1.5" thick

Cooler with 3.0" Nipple - 1 5/8" to 2" thick

Wayne

I live 15 minutes from McMaster's NJ Warehouse...AMAZING sight if you have never gotten to see it. It is enormous and super clean and organized.

In either case convience over price...hard decision!!
Plus I want to brew this afternoon and need a stainless bulkhead for my MLT.

Hey Barganman04: I live not too far from there but have never been. Are you saying it's open to the general public?

It seems like it gets really thin right where I popped out the factory spigot that was in it... I can't see it being thicker than 1/4", but I guess I'll measure just to be safe.

That should work for that cooler but be sure of the wall thickness at the hole area. There is a little less play in the soldered version of the fitting kit.

NEW WELDLESS BULKHEADS MEASUREMENTS:

KEG - UP TO 3/16" THICK

Cooler with 1.5" Nipple - 1/4" to (1/2" without shim washers)

Cooler with 2.0" Nipple - 5/8 to 1" thick

Cooler with 2.5" Nipple - 1 1/8" to 1.5" thick

Cooler with 3.0" Nipple - 1 5/8" to 2" thick

Wayne

Hey Wayne - so when I'm on bargainfittings.com >
fitting kits/bundles > weldless fitting kits > cooler kits:

I see two options. Is the silver soldered bulkhead considered an upgrade to the one that's just "weldless cooler bulkhead"?

Ah screw it, I went ahead and ordered. :)

Got the not-soldered one, upgraded to stainless. Thanks!

I added the silvered soldered fittings for customers wanting a true bulkhead. It will form a very nice seal with the included flat gasket.

There is some variation in the walls and spigot holes of round coolers. These beverage coolers have a couple different styles of spigots in them and sometimes the standard cooler fitting 1.5" long nipple using the locknut will be a little tricky to get a leak free connection.

Wayne

Hmm... that does sound like a nice option. I suppose it's too late now though - hopefully I won't have too much difficulty using what I ordered.

FWIW, this is my cooler: http://www.ruralking.com/cooler-orange-10-gal.html - I can only assume that it's a pretty typical spigot on there? This is the cooler I've seen around these forums most often, anyway...

All price differences aside, if you were buying for your 10 gal cooler, would you choose the one with the silver soldered bulkhead instead?

I sent you a message through the contact form on bargainfittings. Thanks for your recommendation.

Do you still prefer/recommend the original o-ring gasket for a kettle conversion?
Does the newer soldered style really place the gasket on the outside of the kettle or does the picture just look that way?
thanks

Do you still prefer/recommend the original o-ring gasket for a kettle conversion?
Does the newer soldered style really place the gasket on the outside of the kettle or does the picture just look that way?
thanks

I'm not sure I prefer one over the other for the kegs and kettles. I'm still waiting for some feedback on the product. Nothing negative has been reported on these and my test kegs work well and are easy to install and they seal well.

The new soldered version will have a large surface area to seal against. It will probably be superior on that point. If you happen to drill too large a hole it would work better than the locknut and o-ring version.

You could turn it around and put the fitting and gasket inside and use the valve to tighten down the fitting.

I installed my weldless silver soldered bulkhead from BarginFittings today and it works great! No leaks and fit well except I used one washer on the outside to strengthen the wall of my cooler. It's a Igloo 52 qt. model with a thin wall, but this will do the trick.

Shipping time was great! I ordered this late on Friday night and it was delivered today, Monday. Thanks again!

Just an FYI for Canadians.

A fair amount of duty and taxes are charged for product from bargainfittings.
I used the USPS>CP shipping option as that is usually the cheapest in additional fees compared to other couriers (in my experience). My order was ~$220 shipped and had to pay an addition $35 when I received it.

That being said, it can be hard to find specialty SS fittings in Canada, especially for a comparable price. Just a warning.

We do post in the purchase terms that international customers are responsible for taxes and duties.

We offer US postal priority international shipping option only. UPS and FEDEX will charge a brokerage fee on top of any taxes and duties owed.

Just wanted to say that I'm extremely impressed with BargainFittings.com. I had some rust in both my HLT and my brew kettle from parts I picked up at Home Depot. Consequently, I was getting oxidation flavors in my beers no matter how careful I was with the beer. I ordered fittings from BargainFittings.com on Friday, around noon. They were shipped the same afternoon and I got them today. Thanks to them, I just finished brewing a stout that I'm sure won't have oxidation flavors in it.

Do yourself a favor. Don't throw your money away at the big box store. Get the right fittings the first time from BargainFittings.com.

Just wanted to post my review of Bargain Fittings. I ordered several weldless fittings to convert my kegs on my new single tier on Wednesday and they arrived on Monday. I was very impressed with the quality of the parts.

Here is a picture of the valves and fittings.
PC110102.jpg

Will definitely order from them again with confidence.

Not exactly sure How I found BargainFittings and Wayne, but I do know Wayne is the person who told me about HomeBrewTalk, which is a blessing to a new brewer, like me, trying to learn all-grain.

I have ordered a few times, but what I most wanted to share with you is that BargainFittings provides a phone number: (972) 836-7023.

If you have a need to call, Wayne will answer the phone, and talk to you about a product or your issue. Really, IMO, you cannot put a "price" on that type of service. MasterCard "priceless" come to mind.

gary

Thanks for this thread. I put together my own bulkhead fitting with parts I could find at the local hardware store. It leaks, and one of the fittings has some...weirdness on it, due to an Oxyclean soak. I'm ordering a bulkhead fitting from these guys as soon as I can measure my cooler wall.

Just ordered a kettle bulk head, SS ball valve and side pickup tube with some high temp hose. Can't wait to whirlpool :)

WOOT for BargainFittings.com Easy ordering, great price, fast shipping.
36042_445065609478_762254478_5110909_6964609_n.jpg

Ready to re-plumb my brewery now.

OLD thread i know but it seems Bargainfittings.com is no longer around to order parts for my 12 gallon rectangular Coleman cooler :( Anyone have an idea where else to shop?

They're still around. Just went to their site and see no indication they're out of business.

However, I also like brewhardware.com. Bobby really stands behind his stuff, and it's worth standing behind.

What do you mean they are no longer around?
I just went to their website and it came up just fine.

ok thanks. Maybe I spelled it wrong. Twice the page came up that the name was for sell.

Update: It came up just fine this time. I just did a cut and paste and it worked. not sure what i did wrong before :(

I recently ordered a bunch of parts from Bargainfittings.com, but one of my QD's did not thread onto my plate chiller. I called them up and they sent out a replacement right away. The new one fits.....great service.

Back