Portable Kegerator - My 2.5 gal corny roller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garr-Ro

Reaction score
I recently finished "The Roller" and thought I would post a few pics. I used the igloo 60 qt ice cube roller and other goodies from keg connection. Pretty much a standard/simple build except I machined a "cold sink" for the 4" shank from some Aluminum bar stock. Runnin' 8' of beer line and a 20 oz CO2 tank....worked great for the lake last weekend. :rockin: Thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated, as this rig will prolly remain in the prototype stages for many outings. Many thanks!

2.5 gal corny roller.jpg

inside side view Roller.jpg

inside the Roller.jpg

Looks great, just keep that regulator out of the wet. Looks like you have the tank strapped down to something so you should be fine.

Looks great, just keep that regulator out of the wet. Looks like you have the tank strapped down to something so you should be fine.

Wrap the reg in a plastic bag and tape it down IMO.

Water will splash around when you move the cooler around, then you can fill the cooler all the way with ice as well!

Thanks! I made a SS bracket that is mounted to the back wall and sets on the step molded into the bottom for the wheels. Used a large hose clamp on the top bracket mounting bolt to secure the tank. Mounted it as high in the cooler as I could without coming in contact with the lid.

Awesome build! What did you pay for the CO2 tank and regulator?

Link: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=274

$119.95 + Tax & Shipping. I talked to Ben @ Keg Connection and he said to knock off $25 bucks if i didn't want the 5 gallon corny....I went with the whole kit...can NEVER have enough cornies! Also, I am putting together a materials list/build sheet & small presentation to try & get them to put a portable kegerator kit on their site with different corny options....builders supply their own cooler. I'll update this thread when I get some info from them. Thanks :mug:!

Thanks! I made a SS bracket that is mounted to the back wall and sets on the step molded into the bottom for the wheels. Used a large hose clamp on the top bracket mounting bolt to secure the tank. Mounted it as high in the cooler as I could without coming in contact with the lid.

Bike water bottle holders work very well for holding the paintball bottle, too.

IMAG00191.JPG

I was about to buy that exact cooler but I think I may have to mod it a bit. I have a 3 gallon keg and the posts feel like they may be a little tall to close the cooler. I'd have to buy one and possibly trim the inside of the top just for the in/out hoses. If anyone has used the same cooler 60 ct and a 3 gal please let me know if it fits fine....

Thanks and Great build man. BTW You would think they would offer a kit like that.
Best of luck!

I use a 70qt, with the domed lid for my 3 gallon kegs.

Only one keg will fit in the 60qt, and I could not quite shut the lid with the post connectors on.

A 2.5 gallon should fit in a 60qt just fine, though.

Back