Flowers (edible) in beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Southampton makes a great saison with flowers called Cuvee des Fleurs. Really unique and interesting beer. Don't think you would want 5 gallons of it though.

I have used chamomile in a belgian blonde that was a fantastic beer. With the high ABV and the smooth flavor of the flowers (recommended for insomnia), it was quite the nightcap.

Jamaica might be good.I like the drink at the taco shop it might go well with a wheat beer.

I've had jasmine, chamomile and lavender in beers. The latter was an Pale that Dave Wills did for a lavender farmer that was holding a fest. He had a tasting at a HoV meeting with four or five beers with different amounts of lavender.

The jasmine beer was at a Booneville Fest and many women were gaga over it. The base was a sweetish wheat, about the highest ABV wheat I've even encountered, but not noticeable.

Back