What Kind of Keg is This?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juse

Reaction score
CL score today.

keg.jpg

It has 3 posts on it..... some kind of level sensor :confused:

There is also an old, faded sticker on the side that I noticed after I got it home that looks like it says it had distilled water in it, and 'do not ingest' is on there as well. The guy I got it from said he brewed his own and used it. It had a hose & picnic tap with old brew in it, so I believe him.

What is this thing? Why does it have a 'do not ingest' sticker on it?

I think I'll just oxyclean & be on my way.

Just a guess but...I spotted a similiar looking keg outside McDonalds. It also had stickers on the side regarding sanitation spray. Perhaps it was used in the food industry to dispense / spray sanitizer?

the level sensor post looks like electrical connections...perhaps it was used for industrial purposes? clean twice and brew on is my advice!

I went and looked at one of these tonight and wondered the same thing. The guy told me they were used for old eye washing stations.

I went and looked at one of these tonight and wondered the same thing. The guy told me they were used for old eye washing stations.

That makes sense... that would explain the level sensor - OSHA making sure there was always enough in there. The sensor probably went up to an obnoxious, flashing red light and bullhorn assembly that put out 130db whenever it got down to the last 2 inches of solution. Sacrifice the ears to save the eyes.....

Yes the above posters are correct.

Just started a new job in the operating room a few months ago and we have a corney hooked up as an eye washing station. I almost died laughing but everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

Back