beer tubes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genommen

Reaction score
I was recently introduced to an interesting piece of dispensing equipment known as a beer tube or giraffe. In my attempts to find them online I have found they seem over priced.

Has anyone attempted to build one of these before?

I was recently introduced to an interesting piece of dispensing equipment known as a beer tube or giraffe. In my attempts to find them online I have found they seem over priced.

Has anyone attempted to build one of these before?
linky please

I found this to be a very intriguing way to serve beer. Especially for situations where keezers are not always an option.

Many of the bars in Vegas sell beer and mixed drinks in a 4' tall plastic cup you can hang around your neck and take with you. Last time I was there, those same bars had beer tubes for equally gimmicky in house beer consumption. I've started seeing them spread to gimmicky sports bars here in Az now too. They're essentially just a clear plastic tube with a cheap plastic faucet on the bottom. The faucets are a slightly more robust version of a cobra faucet.

Sounds similar to the one I was introduced to. I have started looking into the feasibility of making my own. So far I am trying to find a place that sells a suitable clear plastic pipe.

I was hoping someone on this forum would have attempted this before me and could point me in the right direction over all on how to do this and where to get the parts.

It is a matter of presentation and preference that's all. Generally it is consumed quickly enough that flatness is not an issue.

I think its well suited to the sportsbar BMC drinking crowd. Its not about savoring your beer.. its about the challenge of drinking the whole thing quickly.

I have since my original post found some that are cheaper online. However, the idea of building my own still intrigues me. I am guessing by the response so far that no one has tried though.

A local bar serves them here, there's a frozen cartridge they drop in the tube to keep it cool as well. It's just a fancy pitcher.

That sounds exactly like it, and some times it is all about the presentation

Latest posts

Back