Terrapin Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greghatt

Reaction score
My mom recently took a trip to South Carolina, and I asked her to pick me up a couple of decent micro brews from the area. Being that she has no knowledge of beer at all, I was kind of excited to see what she would get. To my surprise she came back with the Terrapin 12 pack sampler with the Rye Pale Ale, Karma Brown IPA, and Hopsecutioner IPA. All I can say is AWESOME!!!

The Brown IPA kicked my a**. Me and my brew pal are gonna try something like this soon. Hopsecutioner was a killer balance, and the Rye Pale Ale was something everyone who loves beer should try. Now to figure out how to get more up here in Halifax.
Cheers

It may not be long, they are contract brewing some of their beers now. I felt a little cheated when I saw that the beer I bought wasn't made at the brewery 40 minutes away, but it tasted just like the real thing.

It may not be long, they are contract brewing some of their beers now. I felt a little cheated when I saw that the beer I bought wasn't made at the brewery 40 minutes away, but it tasted just like the real thing.

yeah, but for those of us not on their distribution map, it might work out great.

Actually, they started out contract brewing too. They expanded their brewery 18 months ago or so and started doing everything in house, but I guess demand has overtaken supply.

i always go to the best way or total wine in greensboro its a 30 mintue drive but the have terrapin. i have drank like 17 of they're beers.

Contract brewing happens more than consumers know. When I brewed pro in ATL, we did several other brews (Blind Man, Terrapin) and we were not required to label them as to where they were actually brewed. Laws might have changed since then, but I believe they were labeled as being produced by them, not us.

I'm proud to have been involved with Terrapin's beginning. The brewing industry was quirky in the late 90's and Terrapin's brewers had a few significant setbacks. I'm stoked that they are doing well. If they are having to contract, it only means that the beers are that good and are working wise to keep our hands full.

Back